The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**THE PP Drop Pass Challenge**

250Integra

Hey CDC! Let's have a little fun. We all know the infamous drop pass that the Canucks have been using for the last 10 years or so. From Edler to Ehrhoff, Edler to Henrik, and now Edler to Horvat (see the common denominator), it always gives me a chuckle because there is always the chance that it can go really wrong. Since they do it so often, I thought it might be fun to come up with a challenge for us to complete throughout the season. Really, it could be anything you want as this is YOUR challenge.

For me, every time the Canucks do a drop pass on the powerplay, I'm going to... Do 10 pushups.

(I think I'll look like this after the season is done) :lol:

hqdefault.jpg

What are you going to challenge yourself with?

9 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

For every time the Canucks do a drop pass on the powerplay, I'm going to... Do 10 pushups.

You're going to die.

It's like 30-40 pushups every power play because they get turned back and restart it so often.

On the one hand, there won't be many power plays because referees, on the other hand, yep, you're gonna die.

The drop pass works when the defender is uncertain whether the puck career will beat them  up the ice with the puck. 

It DOESN'T work when they know its coming and just sits back and waits for the drop pass to happen.

I think one of these days, Edler should fake the drop pass and go end to end. 

I have a feeling he'll make it. 

3 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Hey CDC! Let's have a little fun. We all know the infamous drop pass that the Canucks have been using for the last 10 years or so. From Edler to Ehrhoff, Edler to Henrik, and now Edler to Horvat (see the common denominator), it always gives me a chuckle because there is always the chance that it can go really wrong. Since they do it so often, I thought it might be fun to come up with a challenge for us to complete throughout the season. Really, it could be anything you want as this is YOUR challenge.

For me, every time the Canucks do a drop pass on the powerplay, I'm going to... Do 10 pushups.

hqdefault.jpg

Soooo... you want us all to look like Brock Boeser? :lol:

3 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Can't make a drinking game out of it.

You'd die of alcohol poisoning.

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

challenge accepted.

I'm in.

Every failed drop pass - drink

Every drop pass that results in us actually gaining the zone - drink

Drop pass resulting in a goal against us- chug your drink

4 hours ago, 250Integra said:

hqdefault.jpg

You do realize almost every team in the league does this now? You, my friend will be very tired.

1 hour ago, YEGCanuck said:

The drop-pass is such a lame move itr should be banned from pro-hockey. That being said to answer the challenge i will take a hit each time the team uses it on the power-play.

Fun fact, back in the early days of the NHL, the forward pass was illegal!!

29 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I'm in.

Every failed drop pass - drink

Every drop pass that results in us actually gaining the zone - drink

Drop pass resulting in a goal against us- chug your drink

Pour up (drank),

Drop pass (drank),

Turnover (drank),

Zone entry (drank),

Goal for (drank),

Goal against (drank),

Faded (drank),