The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Oilers Give Kassian Permission To Seek Trade

Me_

I'm not really for or against him coming back to be honest. If he actually wants to be here and he is sober, it would be kind of cool to see his succeed where he didn't last time.

That being said, he would have to want to be here: the same place where he was getting drugs. Not to mention, we already have quite a bit of sandpaper now so he could prove to be redundant. If this was last year, I'd be saying otherwise.

25 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

I like the idea of Kassian on a line with Pettersson. No more choke slams. Can work the front of the net and can skate. 

I do too. Just checking in on Utica this morning, and I'm wondering if we already have a "Kassian" in-waiting in MacEwan who could fill a similar role?

If Kassian could be a one year experiment then he may be worth a try but he has 1.9 million owed next year as well so too bad for him.

It is interesting that he wants a trade, Edmonton gave him a chance when it seemed that he was out of chances. It worked for the first year so I wonder what happened? I think there may be more to this story.

Kassian may still have things he needs to deal with off the ice, but if they're considered issues? I'm not sure 

According to a few of my friends who are Oilers fans, Kassian just got married this summer... wife also expecting this year. So of course hockey wouldn't take the biggest priority when so many new life events have been happening for Kass which most likely contributed to his slow start.

Also, they were saying how Kass is well liked in the locker room and has taken on a leadership role. 

Wherever he goes I'll still be a big Kass supporter.

44 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

If Kassian could be a one year experiment then he may be worth a try but he has 1.9 million owed next year as well so too bad for him.

It is interesting that he wants a trade, Edmonton gave him a chance when it seemed that he was out of chances. It worked for the first year so I wonder what happened? I think there may be more to this story.

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/1057319176438607873?s=20

As GM, I would definitely be talking with the Coilers about a trade for ZK. 

Cost-wise, I’d be looking at what it would take to get him thrown into a Pool Party deal. 

The Canucks have room in their top 6 for this guy at this stage. 

Sentimentally-speaking, I would play him with EP and reinvent the Canucks magic that was once Gino and Pavel. He has enough speed skill to play with EP anyways., which is where I’d place him and let him soak up the spot light, which I think he would preform in, but it could also be a flop. Does it even matter at this stage? Is watching Goldy emerge a baby step a day any better for the team? I doubt it. 

I have no idea what the cost would be so I will spare you with my guessing.

I’m still not interested in a future Canucks team with Goldy or Hutton on it. Versatile Granny is a commodity most teams could use and the Canucks have zero cap issues to absorb a contract or two, if needed. Only JB knows enough to speculate on who is available at what. 

ZK could be an entertaining addition for Canucks fans during the rebuild, which is about all the team can sell these days, minus super star EP. 

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Listening to his interview from his stall, he isn’t a guy looking for a new team.

He has a great gig with the Coilers and you just have to think he is happy there, playing on a team with a future and a legit shot at the playoffs, where he proves his worth. The playoffs are his best chance to define his worth a get another contract.

Meanwhile, he is apparently tight with his team and you can tell they are happy he is there too. An agent asking questions is only news in rabid markets. This is a non-travesty. 

Happy for the Kassassin getting another chance but he should tell his agent to shut his yap if he is happy in EDM. He was a reclaiming project when nobody else wanted him, he’s got term left on his deal that he has. He should just do his best as a player and teammate to see this through rather then his agent trying to bargain a trade when there isn’t leverage on his side. All the best Zack except when you play the Nucks.

On 2018-10-29 at 8:28 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd be fine with Kassian returning.

Me too. In a heartbeat. We have lots of cap space and with all our recent injuries still have a need for depth up front. He’d be the meanest mofo on the team by a stretch and can skate really well for a big guy. The problem is if he’s any better than Archie. If he can’t crack the line up then I have  to wonder if Kassian could. 

On 28/10/2018 at 5:35 PM, King Heffy said:

Why not?  Our locker room issue for theirs, similar contract terms and Kassian can fill a need here.

Who says he has been a locker room issue in Edmonton? Assume much? Lol. 

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/edmonton-oilers-winger-zack-kassian-putting-out-fires-after-trade-rumours-surface/wcm/b67b1179-0143-4045-83b7-273a2bc32c45

15 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

The fact Benning gave up assets to get rid of him for trash.    While I wish him all the best in his recovery, it's best to keep him away from both the Roxy and our young kids.

29 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The fact Benning gave up assets to get rid of him for trash.    While I wish him all the best in his recovery, it's best to keep him away from both the Roxy and our young kids.

He was . Not saying he wasnt . As far as i understand,  that was before he delt with his addiction issue . No I don t want him back , but saying he is a locker room issue in Edmonton is assumtion not fact . 

21 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

He was . Not saying he wasnt . As far as i understand,  that was before he delt with his addiction issue . No I don t want him back , but saying he is a locker room issue in Edmonton is assumtion not fact . 

That's fair.  That being said, lobbying for a trade because you're not doing your job isn't exactly behaviour I'd appreciate on this team.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

That's fair.  That being said, lobbying for a trade because you're not doing your job isn't exactly behaviour I'd appreciate on this team.

Fair as well 4 sure . I dunno , the atricle quotes him saying he didnt ask for a trade , but ya still not a great situation he put himself in. 

Archived