xereau

GUSTAV NYQUIST #14

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/gustav-nyquist

Right wing, Left wing
Cap Hit: $4,750,000
Daily Cap Hit: $25,538
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $3,498,656
Remaining Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $1,251,344

Nyquist can score.  Still in his prime at 29.  See if he will take samish deal, for 3-4 more years.  Skilled winger that can work with EP

BRETT CONNOLLY #10

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brett-connolly

Right wing, Left wing
Cap Hit: $1,500,000
Daily Cap Hit: $8,065
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $1,104,839
Remaining Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $395,161

BC Boy.  Big body.  Had HUGE numbers in Tampa.  Still has gas in the tank.  Can the Beagle connection help lure Brett?

JEFF SKINNER #53

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jeff-skinner

Left wing, Right wing
Cap Hit: $5,725,000
Daily Cap Hit: $30,780
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $4,216,801
Remaining Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $1,508,199

This guy is going to get paid.  Definitely worth the look for big money and term.  A young UFA. Sniper.  Would look great on either top line here.

BRANDON TANEV #13

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brandon-tanev

Right wing, Left wing
Cap Hit: $1,150,000
Daily Cap Hit: $6,183
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $847,043
Remaining Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $302,957

Since we like bros so much.. but really, Tanev is a great depth forward.  Light years better than Schaller. 
He has tenacity and truculence.  Imagine BT and Roussel together.  Best Pest line in the West.

ARTEMI PANARIN #9

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/artemi-panarin

Left wing
Cap Hit: $6,000,000
Daily Cap Hit: $32,258
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $4,419,355
Remaining Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $1,580,645

Obviously the consensus go to scoring winger in this UFA list.  He is a little streaky. 
And the fact he isn't signed yet, or traded, tells me he might be playing his cards close. 
Hopefully Vancouver is in his future.  Kid is a bonafide game breaker.

MARK STONE #61

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mark-stone

Alternate Captain
Right wing
Cap Hit: $7,350,000
Daily Cap Hit: $39,516
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $5,413,710
Remaining Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $1,936,290

Another consensus guy.  I'd be happy with Stone on the wing of either Bo or EP. 
He has a really high career shooting %, and he has a knack for scoring big time goals too. 
Canadian glue guy that can score.  Have always liked his game.

MATT DUCHENE #95

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/matt-duchene

Alternate Captain
Center, Left wing

Not my favorite on this list.  Skill is there.  Character is questionable.
He is going to get paid where ever it is.  Probably not here, but you never know.

JORDAN EBERLE #7

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jordan-eberle

Right wing

Yep, I am gonna go there.  Eberle is a great player.  Chill to the point of being accused of aloof.
He scores big goals.  Would love to see him wreak havoc on the Coilers for 5-6 years at samish money.

MARCUS JOHANSSON #90

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/marcus-johansson

Center, Left wing, Right wing
Cap Hit: $4,583,333
Daily Cap Hit: $24,642
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $3,375,896
Remaining Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $1,207,437

This guy seems to be a consensus trade chip.  Doubt he gets to UFA.
If he does, he is worth the look. Swedish scorer. Versatile and skilled.

MICHEAL FERLAND #79

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/micheal-ferland

Left wing, Right wing
Cap Hit: $1,750,000
Daily Cap Hit: $9,409
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $1,288,978
Remaining Daily Cap Hit q.svg : $461,022

Think bulldog at forward.  This is Ferland.  Hated him in the playoffs against us.
But he wasn't penalized and he bowled us over.  Would LOVE to see this guy as a Canuck.
He is Evander Kane x Derek Dorsett. Scoring touch is peaking.  Even at 20 goals he is worth the look.

Skinner would be great but I see Buffalo locking him in. Panarin would be interesting but I don't personally see him coming here. I'd love to have Stone to play with Horvat, I think they'd really gel and it'd help stagger our top two lines. I'm not convinced Ferland's gonna be worth what he'll likely demand, dude is gonna get paid. Probably around Horvat money somewhere, maybe more because UFA.

I'd be very interested in EK but I'm not sure what he'd want financially would mesh with our long term planning or that he'd be interested in Vancouver to begin with. Worth reaching out at the very least.

unless we go on fire and make the playoffs and make the second round, I'm not sure I'm too down for spending much in FA. Boeser's extension is coming up and EPs will be relatively soon after as well, so we need to consider the future.

20 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

unless we go on fire and make the playoffs and make the second round, I'm not sure I'm too down for spending much in FA. Boeser's extension is coming up and EPs will be relatively soon after as well, so we need to consider the future.

Not to mention the expansion draft coming up and the possible of having to take a mammoth cap hit if Luongo decides to retire before his contract runs out.

My list is something like this...……………..for forwards

Panarin (26)………...LW...…………...current $6,000,000...…..PPG  1.22        5'11"       168 lbs...………...estimated cost   $ 9.500,000 +

Stone (26)...………...RW...…………..current $7,530,000...…..PPG  1.02        6'4"         219 lbs...………...estimated cost   $ 9,500,000 +

=====================================================================================================

Anders Lee (27)...….LW/C...………...current $5,000,000...…..PPG  0.67        6'3"         235 lbs...………...estimated cost   $ 6,000,000 +

Delzingel (26)…...….LW/C/RW...…...current $2,100,000...…...PPG  0.77       6'0"         190 lbs...………...estimated cost   $ 6,000,000 +

Nelson (26)………….C/LW...………..current $4,250,000...…...PPG  0.64       6'3"         212 lbs...………...estimated cost   $ 6,000,000 +

Ferland (26)………...LW...…………..current $1,800,000.....…..PPG  0.66       6'1"        217 lbs...………...estimated cost    $ 6,000,000 +

=====================================================================================================

Silfverberg (27)……..LW/RW...……..current $ 3,750,000...…...PPG  0.43       6'1"         204 lbs...………..estimated cost    $ 5,500,000 +

Now, I really like Stone and Panarin, and I think Pettersson needs another skilled winger, to help drive the line, as much as Pettersson is skilled and controls play, he is also being checked heavily by the better clubs, and in a 7 game series, he has the potential to be neutralized. With another driver on the line, he has much more chance of breaking loose, or having his wingers, break loose....either way, it will eventually free up all of them, as all will be exerting pressure...…..

Additionally, Silfverberg reminds me of Baertschi...….not quite a 1st line player , who doesn't quite drive play.....I think he is a pass...….

This leads me to think that we should go heavily after one of the middle players with the above groups...…….Delzingel is a player, I would like to get, he is fast, scoring at a decent rate, and from what I have seen of him, seems to be a driver along the boards.

Top 4 choices...…….

Stone

Panarin

Delzingle

Lee

I would absolutely love to see Skinner wearing the whale. Seems the concussions are in the rear view and man he can skate and snipe he is cookie cutter made for the type of team JB is putting together. There is just one problem we would have to ask him to change his number!  

Kevin Hayes is wayyyyyy up on my wants list. 

I for one would love to target Lee but I imagine Lou won't be stupid enough to let him walk Nelson would also be tasty. 

Is Sam Bennett falling out of favor in Calgary if so can JB fleese the Flames one more time?

Is Trouba made available in the offseason? If the price is too high maybe target Myers.

JB isn't going to bring home the headliners Stone Panarin or Karlsson but there are other options that leave us better maneuverability in the future to look at.

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

JB isn't going to bring home the headliners Stone Panarin or Karlsson but there are other options that leave us better maneuverability in the future to look at.

Not to get picky, but this is the "UFA forwards wish list".... But if we're talking Dmen too, Karlsson is my #1 wish AND I actually believe JB would have a chance to land.

Swedes love Vancouver. We love Swedes.

Karlsson had really nice things to say about Petey, I'm pretty sure he was Edler's D partner for the Swedes a couple of times, Marky, Eriksson and next year - Dahlen.

Come to us Karlsson

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Not to get picky, but this is the "UFA forwards wish list".... But if we're talking Dmen too, Karlsson is my #1 wish AND I actually believe JB would have a chance to land.

Swedes love Vancouver. We love Swedes.

Karlsson had really nice things to say about Petey, I'm pretty sure he was Edler's D partner for the Swedes a couple of times, Marky, Eriksson and next year - Dahlen.

Come to us Karlsson

Well not to derail the thread...... But Heck yes Karlsson would be sweet I drool at the idea of if having a D core of

Edler Karlsson

Hughes Tanev

Hutton Gud

Juolevi Stetcher

To start next season With Woo and potentially Tryamkin coming is so tantalizing. So much so that one can loose focus of stuff like this is a "UFA Forwards list" or the fact that the entire league will want him and the likelihood he actually winds up here is minuscule. 

Back on subject. Stone will be dealt at the deadline wherever he goes won't be here and wherever that is is most likely to sign him.

Panerin is a very good Hockey player and will get paid a lot of money If I'm paying that sort of coin I want to be certain that the player is exactly right for the players he will be lining up with. At 5'11 168lbs he isn't really checking the right boxes for me in terms of being the right fit for the players he would be playing with.

Panarin is gonna be top of anybody list but he’s rumoured to be destined for New York 

So who’s number 2?

stone, skinner and duchene will cost 8m-9m on a 7 year deal. Duchene can play LW and would look good with horvat.  

I’m not sold on skinner with his concussion history. 

I like dzingel and ferland on 6 year 5m-5.5m deals. 

Karlsson is the ONLY dman I want from the UFA class. No one else would be an improvement. 

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Well not to derail the thread...... But Heck yes Karlsson would be sweet I drool at the idea of if having a D core of

Edler Karlsson

Hughes Tanev

Hutton Gud

Juolevi Stetcher

To start next season With Woo and potentially Tryamkin coming is so tantalizing. So much so that one can loose focus of stuff like this is a "UFA Forwards list" or the fact that the entire league will want him and the likelihood he actually winds up here is minuscule. 

Back on subject. Stone will be dealt at the deadline wherever he goes won't be here and wherever that is is most likely to sign him.

Panerin is a very good Hockey player and will get paid a lot of money If I'm paying that sort of coin I want to be certain that the player is exactly right for the players he will be lining up with. At 5'11 168lbs he isn't really checking the right boxes for me in terms of being the right fit for the players he would be playing with.

Do we offer OTT Virtanen for Stone? Very unlikely we need Stone as a rental for the playoffs, but gives us a very good chance of locking him up. I agree that we will not get him thru free agency.

Dzingel and Stone would be my dream situation.  Karlsson on the back end would be a pipe dream.

Petey - Stone and Horvat - Brock would make for one currently Selke-caliber forward on each line in the top-6, and I think Stone could help support Petey take his two-way game to the next level.  Dzingel on either line would just be gravy, he's the Burrows-type that I would love to see supporting either tandem.

Dzingel - Petey - Stone

Sven*/ Goldie - Bo - Brock

Eddie - Karlsson

Hughes - Tanev

That would be a dream that I would NOT want to wake up from.

Archived