The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Man, I’d love to see Podz come over here and play some games before the season ends for us. What a nice little gift for us fans in this most effed up of hockey seasons.

But given what is going on in the world, and even more importantly in this province in terms of Covid, I don’t think we will see him until next season starts. I really hope this pandemic is largely behind us by then I can start attending Training Camps again. I enjoy that almost as much as going to games.

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

even if that turns Podz into a 10.2(c) RFA?

The 10.2(c) clause has worked well for the Canucks in the past as Quinn is not subject to an offer sheet. One could just imagine some team forcing the Canucks into a bidding war for his services and creating havoc with cap limit issues.

If Podz turns out to be as good a player as we are hoping for; burning the entry level deal might be a wise decision. If it gets him over here and eases his transition to living in Canada as well as getting more familiar with his team mates, that would also be a plus IMO.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

I’m very torn as well as to if pod should come over for a few games.

The way his game is projecting, he will have more value to a team than an arbitration case may be able to justify so I don’t see him signing a huge second contract.

As a fan there will be some relief and transparency to just see him sign now but that’s negligible. 

It might just come down to what Pod is most comfortable with.