The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. The current national team roster for these 2 friendly games against Belarus is missing players from the 3 teams that are still in the playoffs (CSKA, AK Bars and Avangard Omsk). The playoffs will be over by the World Championship and plenty of the spots on the National Team will be taken by the players from these 3 teams. I can guarantee there will not be 13 SKA players in the World Championship roster :-). Also, don't forget Russian NHL players that will be done with the season before May 21st.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I sure hope he signs a contract with Vancouver?? He had great playoffs, GP 16 - G 6 - PTS 11 points best on team..

KHL team will try and keep Podkolzin 19?

They tried to keep him by giving him $&!# icetime with the idea that would force him into a contract... not gonna work. I'm looking forward to Podz being here next year. With him and Hogs in our top 6, we will have a lot more energy than we have seen in the past few years. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I sure hope he signs a contract with Vancouver?? He had great playoffs, GP 16 - G 6 - PTS 11 points best on team..

KHL team will try and keep Podkolzin 19?

Last page bruh.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:39 PM, Bertuzzipunch said:

Podkolzin will not sign a new contract with SKA ("Championship")

SKA striker Vasily Podkolzin will not stay in the KHL.
The 19-year-old hockey player will not sign a new contract with the St. Petersburg club, "Championship" reports.
It is noted that Podkolzin was determined to try his hand at the NHL . Vancouverselected the 10th-pick in the 2019 Draft.
This season in the KHL, the forward chalked up 11 (5 + 6) points in 35 regular season games.
In the playoffs, Podkolzin became the top scorer of SKA, gaining 11 (6 + 5) points in 16 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

See above.

The kid wants to play in NA. Thank goodness it scared some teams off though so he would land to us.

We were so lucky everyone passed on this kid. I watched a few regular season games BUT HIS PLAYOFF games!! BEAST!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Was at that draft and totally forgot he was on the board still with our pick.  He was projected to be picked around 3OA and slid all the way to us at 10.  Beauty.  Didn't think he'd look this good so soon with reports saying his skating and production weren't great.  He's got the drive where he can improve on those aspects to the point where they no longer hinder him.

He could be just what were missing in the top 6. 

Miller - Petey - Podz

Hog - Horvat - Boeser

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

13 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Coming out of the 2019 draft with Hoglander in the 2nd and Podz at 10OA has to be one of the best drafts from that position ever.  These guys will be top 6 for years to come.

Not to mention Focht and McDonough are showing very well too. Could easily get at least 3 NHL players out of this draft

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 4/15/2021 at 7:22 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Good. Better than coming back to play half dozen games and burn ELC time.

Totally agree.

Having him play in a, high profile, situation like the Worlds should only add to his development and bring him here on a high note.

It will also give him more time to get used to being away from home and be fully ready for training camp.

Can't wait to see this guy in a Vancouver uni.