The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

He was really impressive in buffalo. He kind just got stuck behind Winnipeg's defence. He will do here I think.

From the replay of that goal, that was an awful give-away by Hamhuis lol

Watching the press conference, I'm excited for this coming season. It was a very good signing. I also really like the new-look jerseys. This is a new era.

Adding J.T. Miller, Myers, Benn and Fantenberg (and losing Granlund, Pouliot, Hutton and Schenn), then throw in Hughes and possibly Juolevi. the Canucks will have a better team next year. 

• Like 2

Our defense just got substantially better today.  I mean to the point that we now have a starting 6 that can lead us to the playoffs as well as enough depth to cover for injuries.  And our prospects will be allowed to play top minutes in Utica to further their development.

Edler          Myers

Hughes      Tanev

Benn          Stecher

Fatenberg   Biega

That defense can help up to make the playoffs.  On top of that we will have Juolevi, Brisebois, Sautner, Rafferty, Teves and Chatfield in the minors.  So we will have a complete D in the minors to help Utica be competitive and allow us several quality call ups during the season.

In addition we still have Tryamkin, Woo and Rathbone waiting in the wings.  Benning has completely transformed our defense.  The future looks bright...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Watching the press conference, I'm excited for this coming season. It was a very good signing. I also really like the new-look jerseys. This is a new era.

Adding J.T. Miller, Myers, Benn and Fantenberg (and losing Granlund, Pouliot, Hutton and Schenn), then throw in Hughes and possibly Juolevi. the Canucks will have a better team next year. 

I'm with you. They new/redesigns are looking better than the first time I saw them.

2 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Lol what a dick. :rolleyes:

Jeff Paterson is a real idiot. Frankly would be close to out of the business if it wasn't for him hitching on to Botch for the last few years. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Lol what a dick. :rolleyes:

Bottom pair guy with 31 pts. (would be 2nd on our team) +11. Played over 20 minutes a night on a team that had 2 #1 RHD ahead of him. His time on ice would put him 3rd on our team and that was with Trouba and Byfuglien on the team. 

Patterson and the rest of these guys are just so f@&#ing negative.  He is a huge, good(not great) skating RHD who generates offence.  Bottom pair is suck a Richard thing to say on what should be a great day for Canucks fans.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dixon Ward said:

Bottom pair guy with 31 pts. (would be 2nd on our team) +11. Played over 20 minutes a night on a team that had 2 #1 RHD ahead of him. His time on ice would put him 3rd on our team and that was with Trouba and Byfuglien on the team. 

Patterson and the rest of these guys are just so f@&#ing negative.  He is a huge, good(not great) skating RHD who generates offence.  Bottom pair is suck a Richard thing to say on what should be a great day for Canucks fans.

I think Myers has been looking for a sheet of ice to show his full game on..  there is a little more to this young man.. I think we get his best years yet.

Depending on Byfuglien’s health and game next season...  perhaps they should have looked more to the future and tried to move Byfuglien, who is UFA in 2 seasons. Sounds liked Myers stepped up well while DB was out with injury.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I think Myers has been looking for a sheet of ice to show his full game on..  there is a little more to this young man.. I think we get his best years yet.

Depending on Byfuglien’s health and game next season...  perhaps they should have looked more to the future and tried to move Byfuglien, who is UFA in 2 seasons. Sounds liked Myers stepped up well while DB was out with injury.

Both Myers and Trouba wanted out of the Peg.  The Jets are in big trouble.  They lost Tanev too, who I think is a more effective player than Ehlers.