The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

Great signing. I think Myers has more to show. It will be great seeing him play alongside Hughes -- they will be very complementary of each other, much like Edler playing alongside Stecher, where both players bring out the best of the other.

I can see a top four group of Edler - Stecher and Hughes - Myers, where both pairings have that puck-moving ability and can push the pace and generate and support the offense. Benn and Tanev can take up the defensive zone starts and PK time. 

5 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Bonuses are laid out in a way that makes it tough to move him or buy him out.

If a team wants a player signing bonuses aren’t gonna scare them away. 

Players often get traded after September too.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Apparently equally comfortable playing either side.

Read today (forget where) is perfect for us if Tanev is traded along with OJ making the bigs -  Benn just switches over

One of the analysts tweeted fyi  Canucks fans  Benn is much much better on right side ... guess we will see 

10 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Bonuses are laid out in a way that makes it tough to move him or buy him out.

I was hoping it would be front-loaded so that we could look at moving him in the final year if needed. That said, a 5 year deal for a 29 year old defenseman who is a good skater and can keep up with today's play should be ok to effectively play out the full term. I'm sure glad this wasn't a 6 or 7 year deal though. *Phew*

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

It would be so much sweeter this time!  I actually didn't mind him until then.  Now I wouldn't stop at one.

I don't mind that he's a crusty ass piss-tank - but when you combine that with always saying stupid shizz, it gets comical / almost sad.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Maybe ? 

He is upgrade on Hutton playing top four minutes has reach can skate an does hit . I prefer him over Hutton for sure upgrade. 

And Benn's also an upgrade on Hutton! :towel:

46 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Plus the Edler contract.  

Cant believe people are whining after this.

It's funny, now that Jim has some actual leverage and a roster capable of actually attracting UFA's with something other than $$'s (that he built I'd like to remind people), it's going to be harder and harder to cling to the idiotic 'Dim Jim always overpaying' narrative.

• Upvote 3