The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ben Hutton to become UFA

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I keep forgetting the UFA D guy JB interviewed that’s a big bottom pair guy just yesterday.  That guy would fill Hutton’s Bottom pair spot, and Hutton would be left without a job.  

Benn.  Jordie.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Benn.  Jordie.

I guess so.  I don’t know the players as well as you guys do.  I just see Hutton being out of a job.  

Do you see us signing Hutton to 3 million, when we can fill that spot with Benn for less? 

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess so.  I don’t know the players as well as you guys do.  I just see Hutton being out of a job.  

Do you see us signing Hutton to 3 million, when we can fill that spot with Benn for less? 

I dunno Alf.  I can only guess and it aint worth much.

40 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

This is just weird. At the very least one would think Hutton could be qualified, sign a new contract in the 4-4.4 range and then be traded even at a discount. If only those first two things happen then worst case scenario we keep Hutton at an inflated price and we can move him later. 

Maybe he just re-signs and they skip arbitration. 

Who's trading for a $4.2m Hutton? :blink:

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Yea losing more player for nothing. Fantastic. 

On a team with No depth but  it’s ok thou because a older ufa will be given a ridiculous contract instead,.

They had to know this at the trade deadline why wouldn’t they move him then.........

losing young nhl d for nothing because your afraid he arbitration will pay him market value.lol. 

Oh well status quo for jimmy. 

• Wat 4

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Who's trading for a $4.2m Hutton? :blink:

No kidding.

Honestly, let Hutton go and hope he circles back for a way more reasonable deal than 4 mil if you want to keep him.  I’m okay with him coming back but I’d prefer trying to add a bit more sandpaper. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, combover said:

Yea losing more player for nothing. Fantastic. 

On a team with No depth but  it’s ok thou because a older ufa will be given a ridiculous contract instead,.

They had to know this at the trade deadline why wouldn’t they move him then.........

losing young nhl d for nothing because your afraid he arbitration will pay him market value.lol. 

Oh well status quo for jimmy. 

feel better? got it all out? 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No team is going to take on Hutton at that value.

Benning has tried to trade him over the past year with no takers. His value doesn’t match his contract.

Better to walk away and save the cap space. Another cheaper player can get their shot now.

Anything to b!!ch about Benning though.

Sorry I don’t buy the nobody wanted him. ( I’ve heard that line of crap from the swamp salesman running this circus before. 

Hes a young dman that’s been good on a terrible team and would have provide depth as a rental. I don’t believe anything Jim says because it’s all a lip service. Geezus benning traded for pooalot who was ten time worse than Hutton 

phillip Larsen......but know body wanted hutton sure thing, I guess the only guy that trades picks for garbage dmen is our gm. 

A fifth rounder.... 

The arbitrator looks at both sides if he’s so awful and has zero value  and nobody wanted him why would they award him 4mill. That makes total sense. Huh. It’s okay we need that cap space for the job saving ufa that’s going to get a handcuffing contract as per the norm with spender Jim. 

I get it people on here will defend every move he makes.

• Wat 2

5 minutes ago, combover said:

Must be odd to have so many franchise worst records as a gm on team thats gone through so many tough times in its existence. 

what the hell are you even talking about? actually don't tell me. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

We’re talking about 6 drafts...

Every single player Benning picked with his first 5 picks as GM have played in the NHL for comparison. The only high pick there was for Virtanen.

Dont even try to defend Gillis. He goes down as the worst drafting GM in franchise history by far.

Oh no doubt Gillis draft is terrible but he is picking 29-30 every year and 55+ got his next pick literally every year hes been here. At that point those are all lottery picks. Benning first draft his first 2 picks are higher than any pick Gillis ever had and McCann he got rid of so fast because he doesnt view him as a fit here. I mean if you are judging their drafting based on how many of them plays in the nhl or whatever then I can say Ben Hutton played more games than all the non 1st round pick by Benning combined. I just want to say Gillis sucks at drafting but Benning ain't much better until those player actually makes an impact and so far none of the non 1st have. Gillis had 1 top 10 pick and he nailed it with horvat. Same cant be said about Benning and his 4 didnt include this year coz it's way too early but virtanen and juolevi not that they cant be great but considering what's been drafted after them I would say it's a fail

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1