The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

Four year bridge is perfect - at Horvat money.

Leaves the team more flexibility for four full seasons and then the ability to buy more of his UFA years.

To me, Boeser's willingness to do this would help the team in this window and appear to indicate his intent to be here even longer term.

4x6.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

image.png.b3976bba27199d2230fe502a43cfe259.png

C'mon now, 'Hippy, look more closely...

You look closely, it says 27 roster size. Once the Canucks send players down or scratch the extras to get to 21-22 that’s 5-6 contracts off the cap

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

it will be 4 year 7 Mill but hoping its 5.5-6mill !

I will be surprised if its anything less than 6 million. I'm hoping for 6.5, but expecting it to be 7 million.

Canucks have been good to Boeser and his family, hoping that will help factor into end number.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Lots of times.

Not particularly negative now either, if you don’t understand the reality of his agent wanting a short deal and the team wanting a longer deal... and find that a negative, I am not sure how to make you feel better.

The backloading part is based on the recent Meier deal, which as a comparable I am sure Boeser’s camp wants to emulate.... why wouldn’t they.

We are in a different spot than San Jose though.  They need artificially low cap hits in the short term to win.  We need to build towards winning and lock up our guys for longer terms, even if it means a little short term cap pain with a higher AAV.

It is just negotiation.  I am a fan of the team, so am hoping for a deal that benefits the team and not the individual player.

brock could want more money up front

i'm guessing san jose wanted the meier contract backloaded

and not the player or his agent

players typically want more money up front

Edited by coastal.view

2 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Meier had a better year than Boeser with 30 goals and 66 points.  Border isn’t great defensively.  IMO on a 4 year deal it should not be higher than 6 million per year. 

Boeser was quite clearly playing injured for the first half of the season. He likely outperforms Meier in the coming 4 years, assuming of course both are healthy. I think he's more valuable than Meier, albeit only marginally, to just about everyone in the NHL. So I think we're looking at ~$6.5M/year

Edited by Maketherightmove

2 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Meier had a better year than Boeser with 30 goals and 66 points.  Border isn’t great defensively.  IMO on a 4 year deal it should not be higher than 6 million per year. 

Meier also more physical by far.  Guy hits.  Is good on the forecheck and in corners.  He can actually be one of those guys you should be aware of on the ice from an edgy point of view.

Edited by riffraff

49 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I'd rather sign him long term and have him a little bit overpaid than have to deal with a new CBA and new inflated contract with Boeser in four years. 

But I assume Brock's party wants a short term to cash in big in four years too.

If he breaks 35 40 goals twice in 4 years, he is gonna get paid regardless. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Correct!  Cut five out of there then add Boeser to get the real number.

I would still be surprised to see all 3 of Tanev, Sutter and LE on the teak at camp.  I am expecting 1 more big move to add a top 6 winger to play with Bo and Pearson.

Honestly I'd rather go 5 years and spend less money. I have confidence that Brock is loyal enough that he'd stay anyway.

Of course, I'm not sure how much less money this means, so a 4 year deal that's reasonable will be great.

20 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Meier has had one 1st-line calibre season. Both of Boeser's only two seasons have been 1st-line calibre. He's more of a sure thing than Meier and has more potential. I see Brock getting more than Meier.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Meier has had one 1st-line calibre season. Both of Boeser's only two seasons have been 1st-line calibre. He's more of a sure thing than Meier and has more potential. I see Brock getting more than Meier.

You’re looking at points only. 

Meier has always been a physical player that’s much better then Boeser defensively.  

Boeser will always be a better offensive player then Timo.  

To me, they should be getting paid exactly the same although I’m really not a big fan of that 10 mil qualifying offer that’s pending. 

Evander Kane got 7 mil. Boeser should also get 7 mil if he signs for 6 years or more.