The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

1 minute ago, brownky said:

It's like Benning watched the same playoffs we did, saw the two dirtiest teams in the league make the finals and said "Yeah, we can do that".

Goes out and makes the average height and weight increase by 20% each, and adds a dirty motherf***er to boot.

Personally, Canuck hockey is at its best when there are no skate-bys. Playoff whistles go away to an extent. So even if we *crawl* into the playoffs, we've got a chance.

Plus we don't have to worry about Ferland not being 'tough' like Prust or Gudbranson. He's never shied away anywhere, so it's pretty cool to see.

I want teams to circle us on the calendar for different reasons. It used to be 'turn the other cheek' hockey, now it's "get the ice bath ready" hockey. Love it.

ESPECIALLY if the deal is in the 3.5-3.75 range. GMJB OutGMing again.

I truly believe there are players who just have that in their blood....they are easily awoken and responsive.  They jump in rather than skate away...he's one of those, and we need one.  

Most of our young guys aren't "scared" but they just don't have the size and strength to respond as needed at times.  Petey, Stech....those guys will stand their ground, but need some reinforcement to swoop in and take over so they don't have to.

I'm loving this.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

3 20 goal scorers on your 2nd line is far from terrible there Metal Face. 

Vegas made the finals by having a team full of toughish '20 goal scorers' and a Karlsson awakening and a one Fleury in net. And a Dirty AF Neal.

I'm of the opinion that Petey is better than Karlsson. Meyers is probably better than Sbisa.

If One of Markstrom or Demko decide to stop the puck this year, I like our chances. Jim has made wonderful moves. We now have 7 20 goal scorers, excluding Loui because he's hot garbage turned cold, then microwaved.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Pretty sure management is aware that our 3 best players will need contracts at some point

"Oh geez, we forgot...."

Just doens't happen that way.  They are BUSY behind the scenes it seems.

• Cheers 1

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I truly believe there are players who just have that in their blood....they are easily awoken and responsive.  They jump in rather than skate away...he's one of those, and we need one.  

Most of our young guys aren't "scared" but they just don't have the size and strength to respond as needed at times.  Petey, Stech....those guys will stand their ground, but need some reinforcement to swoop in and take over so they don't have to.

I'm loving this.

Agree. Dorsett had it in spades.

Guys like Ferland and Roussel, even Benn and Myers, change the culture. The pushback we so desperately needed. 

Finally!!!!! Woohoo!

• Upvote 1

Would love to see Zack Mac take the leap to our fourth line sometime next year.   When Rouss coming back every line will have a guy take it to the other team.  They can dictate the physicality .... much better option than waiting for one guy (like Guddy or Dorsett ) to always react....

• Upvote 1