The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

14 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

But I thought they were in "cap trouble" ? How is 1040 going to react to this ?

Well, Sekeres will ramble on about how Jim Benning sucks as a GM, sucked in Boston, and sucked in his playing days. He will then ramble on about eating pizza with a fork and knife...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Ohthehumanity said:

That's too big of an overpayment to move out salary IMO especially for Sutter who will have some value. I could see Jake being thrown in for a Louie move, but not Juolevi.

Juolevi and Virtanen are the only young pieces of value that are somewhat expendable to us that could entice teams in a trade.

There are hundreds of players who do what Sutter and Eriksson do for far, far less than what they are paid.  If we want teams to take on Sutter/Eriksson, we gotta make it worth their while.  

If I'm being honest, I'd be kinda shocked if either Virtanen or Juolevi would even be enough, especially given the Canucks unfortunate track record in trades.

I am not too worried about the cap space quite yet. The good teams seem to find a way to make these things work so I am expecting that the Canucks will make this work as well.

Go Ferland!!!!!!!  ps. please leave the post game dancing around stuff in Carolina.

• Upvote 1

3.5 million would be pretty damn good. Having a couple skilled, big wingers in Miller and Ferland on cheap contracts in the top 6 really makes the Canucks a much heavier and tougher team to play against. Imagine those guys leaning on you instead of Eriksson or Goldobin. 

Edited by Duodenum
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

Well, Sekeres will ramble on about how Jim Benning sucks as a GM, sucked in Boston, and sucked in his playing days. He will then ramble on about eating pizza with a fork and knife...

Cap troubles will be the new controversy.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

They’ve certainly done a lot.

Although, it would take a few more moves of epic proportions to catch up to the lead that the Rangers were not only gifted (lottery) and Trouba trade demands (one of the two New York teams), but also just sheer benefit of being in New York (and two draft picks really looking like steals):

Panarin

Fox

Kakko

Trouba

Kravtsov

Shestyorkin

Having ALL these guys ready to play next year is downright scary for the East and the Metro. 

I said after the Panarin signing I am unsure how they'll actually be doing moving forward.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

Not a bunch of defensive depth and Trouba will earn the large and while Staal and Lundquist are coming off the books soon as is shattenkirk in the next 2 years.  There is now a lot of money that will be tied up between Trouba, Panarin and Hayes 

I am jealous of their visible assets but not as jealous of their spending and lack of depth moving forward

31 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

That would be a terrible line.  Who's setting up who?  Pearson and Ferland aren't setting anyone up.  

3 20 goal scorers on your 2nd line is far from terrible there Metal Face.