The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) NHL top 10 worst contracts - Difficult contracts to move

Rate this topic

The July 1 NHL Free Agency is a lot like Black Friday Shopping in November:  a lot of unnecessary shopping and overspending for crap ya don't need.

2016 was a big wake up call for me, more busts than a Jeffrey Epstein weekend.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

'4th liner at best' isn't accurate. He's been ranked in the top 20 PK players in the league and has put up ~30ish pts. Not worth the salary but hardly that description. 

Probably still middle of the pack of the hardest to move contacts, unless you're Calgary :lol:

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Many 4th liners in the NHL that can do PK work as well or better than LE :bigblush:

Not looking to defend Eriksson here, but 4th liners did you have in mind? Who can also put up 10(ish) goals and 25(ish) points per season?

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gollumpus said:

Not looking to defend Eriksson here, but 4th liners did you have in mind? Who can also put up 10(ish) goals and 25(ish) points per season?

regards,  G.

Well, I’m not going to check every team for you but from the top of my head, with the Canucks, I would say Antoine Roussel. 

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’m a ghost Ehlers and Princess William should be on that list.  No one is taking those two muffins for the contracts they have. 

Loui for Ehlers, straight up.

I'd do it.

3 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

regards,  G.

Except Ericksson put up those numbers playing mostly top 6 minutes.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And somewhere Timrafan’s blood boils. 

"But, but, list is wrong, media put him there! Coach is not using him right, Benning is not behave professional, Canuck fans not behave professional, CDC not behave professional, players not behave professional, whole world not behave professional, except for Lovely Loui, Timrafan, and IKEA, we real good"

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

regards,  G.

Honestly, not looking to “defend” him either - but if we can’t move him there’s worse fates than Beagle and Loui on your 4th line.  (I’d prefer Motte/Leivo as I’m sure most would.) But at least Beagle/Loui can play some defense.  

The worst part would undoubtedly be sifting through the hilaaaarious “10 million dollar 4th line” comments ad nauseam. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Honestly, not looking to “defend” him either - but if we can’t move him there’s worse fates than Beagle and Loui on your 4th line.  (I’d prefer Motte/Leivo as I’m sure most would.) But at least Beagle/Loui can play some defense.  

The worst part would undoubtedly be sifting through the hilaaaarious “10 million dollar 4th line” comments ad nauseam. 

This is my feeling as well. I would rather they move him but if they dont, we could actually (finally) have 4 lines that can chip in offensively with a bottom 6 that can eat those defensive minutes. We could do worse than Eriksson on the 4th line.

My hope is if they keep him, he comes to camp hungry to earn a spot and a role. At worst, he is a good fill in that wont hurt you to move up when injuries happen. If he wants more offensive time, the only way he is getting it is significantly outhustling and outplaying someone. He needs to realize that and bring his compete level to heights we havent seen from him yet in Van.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I proved that about loui eriksson a few days ago to timrafan, who said i was wrong.

Anyone curios should go look at the Eriksson moving on thread, i spent some time compiling stats(no analytics).

I said Loui Eriksson"s production is that of a 4th liner at best, and that he will be in the AHL come October.

Talk to Jimmy instead... He said something about Loui being a top 20 PK in the whole league. That's much more than I speak of.

11 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I proved that about loui eriksson a few days ago to timrafan, who said i was wrong.

Anyone curios should go look at the Eriksson moving on thread, i spent some time compiling stats(no analytics).

I said Loui Eriksson"s production is that of a 4th liner at best, and that he will be in the AHL come October.

I guess Utica's PK will see some improvements this year :bigblush:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Don't worry, we can get that up to 14.5 million dollar fourth line by putting Sutter on right wing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And somewhere Timrafan’s blood boils. 

Actually he will blame the author of the article, the NHL and all of the Canuck's management and staff  Then claim it's because Loui is Swedish and no one understands him because of the culture difference.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Well, I’m not going to check every team for you but from the top of my head, with the Canucks, I would say Antoine Roussel. 

Roussel is better than a 4th liner.  IMHO, at least a 3rd liner.  

Zack Kassian would be a 4th liner that comes to mind.  Plays with a few screws loose, so he adds an intimidation factor (not a heavyweight though but he can fight) that emotionaless LE doesn’t provide.  

Honestly this list has helped me put Louis contract into a better perspective. Nice to know there are other team in worse or similar situations. Also, while his contract is bad now, when he signed it wasn't AS bad. A lot of those other contracts were really bad the day they were signed, and only got worse. 

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Roussel is better than a 4th liner.  IMHO, at least a 3rd liner.  

Zack Kassian would be a 4th liner that comes to mind.  Plays with a few screws loose, so he adds an intimidation factor (not a heavyweight though but he can fight) that emotionaless LE doesn’t provide.  

Its not a slight to roussel at all. 

LW              C

Ferland.   Petet.   Boeser 

Pearson Horvat.  Miller

Baer.     Sutter.  Virtanen

Roussel  Beagle Leivo

Motte

Who does roussel replace when he comes bck after his knee injury? He may struggle after mising the first few months of the season.