The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Puljujarvi to play in Finland until he is traded

On 8/2/2019 at 2:14 PM, Art Vandelay said:

Has a player ever been so badly mismanaged? He’s 21... how could he possibly hate this franchise so quickly. Chiarelli is a beauty. What did you do to him!

Jonny Dahlen ring a bell?

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

6 hours ago, wildwood12 said:

There is a reason why The Oilers haven’t traded Puljujarvi yet. 

Edmonton can’t find anyone to overpay. 

Looks like a bust to me.

good. maybe the cost will come down since nobody in the league is willing to give the Oilers what they're asking for. 

5 hours ago, jptony604 said:

It’s crazy how so many people are feeling sorry for this guy. I wonder what this board would’ve been like if it was OJ wanting out of Vancouver and talking like that in the Fin. media. 

The difference is Vancouver is actually an NHL franchise instead of the league's biggest joke.  It also doesn't hurt that the Canucks don't play in an absolute hellhole of a city.

I'm surprised more players aren't demanding be be traded away from Edmonton.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:55 AM, iinatcc said:

I wonder what happened to Jesse Puljujärvi he was one of the three heavily hyped prospect with Laine and Matthews. And some people might say "it's the Oilers" but I don't even think that is the reason especially since individually the top prospects have done well on that team.  

the oilers happened and rushed him into the NHL to early.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jptony604 said:

It’s crazy how so many people are feeling sorry for this guy. I wonder what this board would’ve been like if it was OJ wanting out of Vancouver and talking like that in the Fin. media. 

See Eriksson.

32 minutes ago, Me_ said:

VAN

Puljujarvi

EDM

Goldobin

Baertschi

I mean, I don't even think I'd do that. Beartschi alone is the superior player, although he comes with the concusion history. The most I'd do is Goldobin and Gadjovich or one of other forgotten prospects. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

I mean, I don't even think I'd do that. Beartschi alone is the superior player, although he comes with the concusion history. The most I'd do is Goldobin and Gadjovich or one of other forgotten prospects. 

Gadjovich; a forgotten prospect:

818C5CD6-D2FB-4EFD-B13D-BAAD26D4F325.jpeg

6609C4B8-3F49-40D7-911E-48A291394F7B.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Gadjovich; a forgotten prospect:

818C5CD6-D2FB-4EFD-B13D-BAAD26D4F325.jpeg

6609C4B8-3F49-40D7-911E-48A291394F7B.jpeg

Gadjovich's stock has taken a nose dive over the past year. He has some major work to do to regain his value as a legit NHL prospect. 

Here's a good read on the current state of our prospects and how they rank within our system. 

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/the-vancouver-canucks-2019-20-prospect-pyramid-1.23903559

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Me_ said:

VAN

Puljujarvi

EDM

Goldobin

Baertschi

Baer is a 2nd line NHL player when healthy. Poolboy still trying to find his way. Goldobin has proved so much more than him so far as well.

Edited by J-23

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

Baer is a 2nd line NHL player when healthy. Poolboy still trying to find his way. Goldobin has proved so much more than him so far as well.

Vancouver doesn’t need either anymore.

17 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Gadjovich's stock has taken a nose dive over the past year. He has some major work to do to regain his value as a legit NHL prospect. 

Here's a good read on the current state of our prospects and how they rank within our system. 

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/the-vancouver-canucks-2019-20-prospect-pyramid-1.23903559

A 20 year old on a struggling team struggled in his first year out of Jr?  Say it ain't so!

• Haha 1

It’s probably best he plays a season in Finland and show that he is healthy and ready for the NHL. The Oilers ought to leave him there. His value will increase should he perform. I bet Edmonton right now is just being offered scrubs for him at this point.

Just now, grandmaster said:

It’s probably best he plays a season in Finland and show that he is healthy and ready for the NHL. The Oilers ought to leave him there. His value will increase should he perform. I bet Edmonton right now is just being offered scrubs for him at this point.

Agreed, dumping him, at this point, would be stupid and Kenny isn't stupid

17 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

'Real Good' read, thanks.

Nice format for considering the entire prospect pool without getting bogged down with minor differences/arguments.

• Cheers 1

On 8/4/2019 at 8:24 PM, higgyfan said:

Only if he agrees to stay in Finland this season.  He's not good enough to replace any of the other forwards.  Not sure how that works though.  Does he have to be signed? Or maybe he's still an rfa so the Nucks would have his rights.

That's actually a really good idea. Unless he is willing to commit to a full year in Utica, SM-liiga would be the next best bet. 

In no way do I see him as a bust. Just like people were quick to dismiss Dylan Strome on a horrible Arizona team, I see this being a similar situation. Has all the tools he needs to succeed, just another victim of Edmonton's system...

Edited by RRypien37
  • Cheers 1