The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Senators trying to trade for forward

15 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If I were JB I'd sit tight, they have nothing of any value and Chabot is untouchable anyway.

Brannstrom would be tempting though if he's even vaguely on the table. I'd do Gaudette/Baertschi ++ for Branstrom in a heart-beat. He's supposed to be the next Karlsson but is struggling a bit with Ottawa, might end up being the next Quinn Hughes. Wouldn't mind that, and Edler would be a great mentor for him. He'd start this season in the AHL anyway but maybe get the call up next year.

Batherson and Formenton aren't too shabby, they aren't trading those guys nor Brannstrom.  That's the future of their team along with Tkatchuk and White.

• Upvote 1

If Gaudette proves his NHL caliber game down there and the team decides to trade Sutter, I'd want something like Goloubef and a 2nd in return (going along with the Namestnikov return, for a pick and a player).  Cody as the cheap, youngish right shot 7th D-man, plus he's got more size than Bulldog and can also play physical and hammer the puck.  Their second, if they keep losing could also be a pick in the 30's range, which could be a late late first in value.  That's the only depth piece that I could see the team really seeking roster wise.  

Otherwise I don't really see a fit.

Edited by Phil_314

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who?  

Roussel.  We are discussing whether the team has the cap space to activate him off LTIR.

16 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

interesting. Looking at cap friendly it looks like we're still up against the cap, which cap site do you use? 

CapFriendly too.   Roussel is on LTIR but they are not using his cap space.  CapFriendly even shows them banking some cap space.

Cap Friendly on their 1st page shows the Canucks with 3.916M in cap space with LTIR in use - 3M is Roussel, the rest is being with only 22 players on the roster.  They can activate him and still be below the cap.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

On 10/24/2019 at 9:51 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

how often do teams trade productive forwards mid-season for picks or "3rd liners" when the team is competitive? 

I've seen it happen,  Josh Leivo recently for example.

21 hours ago, Monteeun said:

Oh god, if we could trick them into taking Loui ericksson

Unpopular opinion but I’d be fine giving them Gaudette + Loui for future considerations. Doubt they’d take it. At 23 he isn’t even a regular in the NHL. But some here are convinced he’s Kesler 2.0. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

51 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Unpopular opinion but I’d be fine giving them Gaudette + Loui for future considerations. Doubt they’d take it. At 23 he isn’t even a regular in the NHL. But some here are convinced he’s Kesler 2.0. 

Kesler was a non factor in the NHL until he was 24.

JB missed the boat a few deadlines ago with Sutter...if the return is good he should pull the trigger - I don’t think it would affect the team much - they are used to playing without him anyways, AG might not be ready to fill his shutdown shoes, but he is ready enough to Center a third scoring line, and we have the guns to pull it off.   Take advantage of the situation...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Thank god JB would not consider stupid asset management like that.  Geez.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He’d probably take that and run.  Look what TO paid to get out of one year of Marleau (who still has game - 6 points first 6 games) - yes it would suck but teams would want us to add unfortunately.  

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Toronto paid a 1st rounder to get rid of one year of Marleau. If you really wanna cry over a 23 year old former 5th rounder that has 64 games played under his belt in the last 3 years I dunno what to tell ya. Lol. I am not sure why so many of you have such a huge hard on for the guy but hey, that's your business. It was a pipe dream of mine to think we could get rid of Loui that easily.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Toronto paid a 1st rounder to get rid of one year of Marleau. If you really wanna cry over a 23 year old former 5th rounder that has 64 games played under his belt in the last 3 years I dunno what to tell ya. Lol. I am not sure why so many of you have such a huge hard on for the guy but hey, that's your business. It was a pipe dream of mine to think we could get rid of Loui that easily.

derrrrppppp

On 10/25/2019 at 9:39 PM, N7Nucks said:

It's not about what he's done, it's about what he can do. If we're going to base things on your logic, perhaps we should ship them Hughes with Eriksson since he has played less than 20 games in this league.

The fact that Gaudette was a 5th round pick and we are having this discussion right now about him says lots about how far he's developed since being drafted. Are you seriously that prepared to just throw that away when he is actually playing some good games and showing potential?

It's fine if you're not as high on Gaudette as other people, but until you have an actual solid argument on why (ie. showing what in his game you don't like and what you think he won't develop), stating what he's done like it's a bad thing for a 5th rounder to make it this far does not support your argument whatsoever. lol

Edited by The Lock

is It at all weird that Bobby Ryan is a healthy scratch ? He is 7.25 for 3 more years with NTC/NMC.

thats much worse than our Louie predicament.  

Could they retain 1.25 and straight up for Louie? Maybe throw in a player ( Goldolbin) for a pick. I don’t have much use for either of them , but maybe 

a change would be good for both of them.

Thoughts ?

13 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

is It at all weird that Bobby Ryan is a healthy scratch ? He is 7.25 for 3 more years with NTC/NMC.

thats much worse than our Louie predicament.  

Could they retain 1.25 and straight up for Louie? Maybe throw in a player ( Goldolbin) for a pick. I don’t have much use for either of them , but maybe 

a change would be good for both of them.

Thoughts ?

No.  Loui will retire soon, because he can be sent to the minors and will be.  We’d be stuck with Ryan, and having to protect him in the expansion draft.  He’s dead weight like Lucic.  

• Upvote 1