The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Trevor Linden speaks about Canucks 50th anniversary celebrations and life after hockey

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

6 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Interesting to hear how much of a step back he's taken from hockey. Just hope there's no bad blood there and he can still influence the current team in some way.

There is bad blood but only for F.A.  Trevor is too classy to let it bother him about the franchise itself. He will always be a Canuck!

• Like 4

Trevor is a fantastic person. I've run into him a few times and he's always stopped for a minute or two. As busy as he is, he takes the time to genuinely listen, when he can.

Great guy. Amazing player/Captain and a pillar in our community. 

• Like 3

On 10/26/2019 at 7:19 PM, CanuckleHorse said:

Not that it matters now but I’m thinking that him and the org have a little bad blood and that fishing trip was a good way to avoid attending.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:03 PM, Westcoasting said:

There is bad blood but only for F.A.  Trevor is too classy to let it bother him about the franchise itself. He will always be a Canuck!

On 10/26/2019 at 1:52 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

If I had millions, and a thriving development company, along with a chain of fitness clubs. I'd want some me time as well. I'm happy for Trevor and wish him nothing but the best. 

I truly believe he still bleeds Canucks colours and the game of hockey. When he was announced as the new president of hockey operations, Trevor said that the competitive fire and the game of hockey never left him. It's much better for him to enjoy the things in life that he loves instead of working in the toxic environment created by one of the worst ownerships in professional sports. I met Trevor in Kits last month. I told him that if I were owner, he would be the president of the Canucks and CSE and the classic Stick in Rink would be the primary crest. He told me that he heavily pushed for it to be the primary for the 50th anniversary and the Aquilinis promptly dismissed it. Here's a guy so highly respected in the community and cares deeply about the Canucks' heritage and history and then there is Francesco Aquilini and his two brothers who don't care except for making a fast couple of bucks.

I do hope, someday, that Trevor will rapidly grow his financial portfolio to the point in which he and other investors can one day get the Canucks out of the Aquilinis' hands.

Overall, the very best of luck Trevor. You've rightfully earned it.

40 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I truly believe he still bleeds Canucks colours and the game of hockey. When he was announced as the new president of hockey operations, Trevor said that the competitive fire and the game of hockey never left him. It's much better for him to enjoy the things in life that he loves instead of working in the toxic environment created by one of the worst ownerships in professional sports. I met Trevor in Kits last month. I told him that if I were owner, he would be the president of the Canucks and CSE and the classic Stick in Rink would be the primary crest. He told me that he heavily pushed for it to be the primary for the 50th anniversary and the Aquilinis promptly dismissed it. Here's a guy so highly respected in the community and cares deeply about the Canucks' heritage and history and then there is Francesco Aquilini and his two brothers who don't care except for making a fast couple of bucks.

I do hope, someday, that Trevor will rapidly grow his financial portfolio to the point in which he and other investors can one day get the Canucks out of the Aquilinis' hands.

Overall, the very best of luck Trevor. You've rightfully earned it.

How does Aquilini allegedly rejecting the stick in rink to be the primary logo lead to him just wanting to make a quick buck? Isn't changing to the primary to the stick and rink contributing towards making more money as the idea is to get fans to buy that jersey? Might as well stick to our original logo if we are to "not care" about making money for the business that they're running.

Hasn't Aquilini embraced the rebuild and spent buyout money and buried contract money to help with the rebuild? I don't know what Linden and Francesco disagreed upon, but I wouldn't say Francesco doesn't care about the team.

Are we not celebrating the past heritage with games wearing the stick and rink (updated) and the skate logo? And having players from the past (including Linden) for this anniversary season?

• Thanks 1