The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hindsite 20/20 Would you have rather kept Burrows?

Rate this topic

smokes

Would you have rather kept Burrows than have a prospect in Karlsson?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

after 2012 elimination by kings, we should have made major roster changes.

I know the forum will bitch and moan about the current team a little more than previous seasons, or so it seems, but at least the team isn’t a victim out there anymore like it was back then. 

These are good days. Burrows and Hansen were a few of the only deals they could make, or so they said. 

I like the *new Canucks team better than the 2012 team because they are not diving and crying to the ref to set things right, and to win games. Character. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, smokes said:

So we traded Burrows for Dahlen who now turned out to be Karlsson. Knowing what we got for Burrows now. Would you rather have kept him him?

No, because he got a new deal with Ottawa, which he wouldn't have had in Vancouver.  He would have left at the end of the year anyways and CDC would have imploded because we lost him for nothing.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

It think it was worthwhile to trade Burrows for a  young prospect, but seeing how he looked last night, I'd be all for signing him as a free agent now and adding him for our playoff run!  Wouldn't it be great to see him playing on a line with Roussel?

Hard for Burrows to be playing now when he's a coach for Laval Rocket. 

In hindsite Canucks kept overrated Burrows 3yrs to long. Canucks started the rebuild way to late then they should of.

it all worked in the end

we( Canucks and fans) now have a Team with a bright future. I happy with the team and prospects. 

go Canucks go.

16 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

It think it was worthwhile to trade Burrows for a  young prospect, but seeing how he looked last night, I'd be all for signing him as a free agent now and adding him for our playoff run!  Wouldn't it be great to see him playing on a line with Roussel?

No.

he couldn’t keep up when he was last here.

I love Burrows! Trading him was the right move. His age and connection to the Sedins and 2011 run combined with the retirement contract (that he deserved but couldn’t get here) meant he had to go. The return is not important. The years he played in Ottawa were lost and he wouldn’t have made a difference. You can’t transition to a new core without get rid of the old one. Happy to see him in the ROH. I look forward to seeing him coach or help out here in some capacity one day but the trade was warranted and one that I feel we won. We have a prospect (didn’t say a grade A prospect) and Ottawa has a memory of the last couple years of Burr.