The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Neil Peart..Rush drummer..dead at 67.

Honky Cat

Saw this posted elsewhere on the net. .........

God on drums, always the "Working man", go "Fly by night", taking the "Exit stage left", leaving the "Limelight" never took the "Big Money", always "Closer to the heart". Leaving "Time Stand Still" driving away in that "Red Barchetta". Thanks for the "Distant Early Warning", encouraging our "Freewill" with the "Spirit of radio". Let your "Permanent waves" guide us all to the "Temples of Syrinx". Forever a "Tom Sawyer", a true "New World Man"... Thanks for the memories.

tumblr_ortdvhmCPP1ugv7b3o1_400.gifv

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

That was an awesome read and you weren't lying about that bagel!  

Not my quote.  It’s a quote from Todd Sucherman, currently playing drums for the band Styx.  He is very good in his own right. 

Whoa, just saw this somewhere else....he was brilliant, a master of his craft.  Saw them many times when I was young.

These words of his really ring true in the world today, with what we're currently experiencing (one of my favourite songs by them):

And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start

Truly a sad day.

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I think my favorite was the one where the guy says he can't help but chuckle at the hundreds of bands with gigs tonight, trying to figure out an easy Rush song to play....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I seen Rush twice in the early 80's, very very good performing live band. The only time i have ever seen like a third of the audience performing air drums along with the songs!! While his drumming was an amazing part of his life, lyrics to all the Rush songs was probably even larger than that. RIP Neil Peart :(

6 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Absolute legend best drummer far and above anyone else. Grew up with Rush on my jean jacket been to 6 concerts my brother is a professional drummer due to Neil, his whole life has been drums. Sad life story with the loss of wife and daughter but incredible story about his and Rush's career. Condolences to his family and Geddy & Alex, a true loss for Canada and music in general. I shed a tear in his memory RIP Neil Peart

• Thanks 1