The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] David Backes, Luke Schenn

If the Canucks pick up Schenn, I'd think some other D is leaving. And I can't see Schenn making the team next year as Rafferty and Ollie will be in his way. Short term Schenn  could help with the rough stuff, especially if Ferland doesn't  make it back to a top 6 physical/pest winger.

Wonder if GM JB has decided to keep or trade Tanev?

Bet the lights are on a bit longer  in JB's office. He's got a lot of thinking to do.

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Benn leaves Montreal as a fan favourite to take the same contract offer to sign with his hometown team only to be traded in less than a season and to Toronto of all places (rival of Montreal and most locals likely have something against Toronto).

I think we could do better for Benn.

Benn got a nice contract, why isn't that enough? He'd also be a regular player there, I think he'd be happy to go on a run with the Leafs. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Benn got a nice contract, why isn't that enough? He'd also be a regular player there, I think he'd be happy to go on a run with the Leafs. 

He left Montreal for the same offer. He was well liked in Montreal (not so much if he joins Toronto). I'm sure he would be happy to play in general, but the Leafs of all teams, damn. That 1st round exit won't be much of a run.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Schenn was offered a contract and went elsewhere.... not interested in a guy that doesn’t wanna be here 

respects to him for trying to chase a Stanley cup, he signed for bare minimum so he actually doesn't care about money.

32 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

I'd pick up Schenn get him to Utica as an injury call up. We could use a big mean stay at home dman

it doesn't work that way though, he is on waivers to be sent down to the ahl, if we want to send him to the ahl we have to waive him first. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Schenn was offered a contract and went elsewhere.... not interested in a guy that doesn’t wanna be here 

Taking less money to go to a legit contending team is not always a guy who just doesn't want to be somewhere. 

• Cheers 1