The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I believe his post-game interview video won’t be posted by the Canucks today.

I would have been happy if he publicly ripped some of the veterans on this team. I told people 2 years ago that Sutters time was up and I got ridiculed for it. Said the same thing about Roussel before he came back this year. 

As bitter as today’s loss was, we are still in control of our own destiny thanks to our extra games in hand. It’s just a matter of the team getting their act together and pulling out more wins. Closed door meetings, playing for Marky, whatever is needed to get them on track again...hope they find a solution.

Let out all the anger today folks, and don’t lose hope just yet. We’re still in a decent spot. Keep the passion level high! Go Canucks go! 

3 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

No 1st or 2nd round picks folks.

Never forget.

If the Canucks miss the playoffs this year, yes, we have the 1st round pick. Tampa would automatically get the pick the next year.

• Cheers 2

Alot of blame being put on the coach but lets be real here. Sutter, Rousell and Louis Dominque cost us the game. Were going back home where we play our best hockey. Watching this team all season they will regroup and this could be a turning point for a strong finish to make the playoffs.

Post from game against Ottawa:  Same record, over and over again.  Complacency is a killer for this team, and when things get easy, or an excuse is to be had, they lose focus and/or become lethargic.  By "they", I mean coaches and players alike.  They should be playing like their chance at the playoffs depended on the outcome, because it does.  One losing streak, and it can easily be no playoffs.  Loui has got to sit, Jake has got to play top 6 minutes, and youth has to be served.  Get some of that energy from Utica up here to light a fire in the dressing room.  The team has been carried this year to what it has due to some monstrous individual efforts at times from various players.  That can't be counted on to happen every night, not now with Markstrom out.  I almost want a losing streak at this point in time, to force ownership's hand in demanding a coaching change.  Ownership cannot want to miss the playoffs again, not while spending to the cap as they have done.  They have put their money where their mouth is, Benning has done well, and now the players and coaches have to show that they give a damn game in and game out.     

Post from Toronto game game:  Here comes the losing streak.  Can Green, before it's too late.  The players need a wake-up call, asap.  

Post from today's game:  Told you so.  Fire Green now, bring in a new face, blank slate, get rid of the dead weight on the team ... or kiss the playoffs goodbye. 

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

So why are they so bad on the road. Is that coaching? They aren't fixing anything after every loss. They say we have to look at the video but then they come out and do the same thing.

Not sure how it is not a part of it. You have to have your players ready to go and we've seen so many slow starts and have given up the first goal a lot. This passive defensive system doesn't help when you don't have first change and can't get your match ups as much as you want them. I don't think there are many fixed games, I am not a part of that crowd.

Since the start of the year they've been bad on the road and it isn't a confidence booster.

26 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Petey

Miller

Toffoli

Pearson

Horvat

Boeser

They are all better top 6 forwards than Virtanen. So where exactly do you suggest he play?

Toffoli is a rental we can’t afford him. We’re allowing so many goals I’d rather that cap space go to an upgrade on Stetcher or to re-sign Marky and Tanev.. 

In the NHL you need a balanced team that can win many ways. Our team can only win by playing one style.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Did you not get enough praise as a child? Every day you post how great your hockey mind is like you need acknowledgement. We get it, you want Green fired but calling him an 'incompetent fool' is a little rich considering that fool has a resume that dwarfs yours.

Fans aren't privy to all of the information. On the surface, yeah Gallant seems like a good coach but it is also fishy that he has been fired from 2 teams with winning records and 1 a year after going to the SCF.

I would take winning with a fishy record instead never winning with Green 

that includes Babs and gallant 

I am not in the running so lose the “he is more experienced than you” line 

did I play? Yes L. did I play at a level higher than you? Most likely but I am not looking for a coaching job not did I say I was 

I have educated opinions and I make them 

deal with it 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“These kind of games just don't leave you. I think it's good we have two days off now to regroup... When you play playoff hockey, you're going to lose a game... and you have to reset and get ready to play. This probably is a lot like that.“ - Green

Green needs to admit he had things he could have done, like shorten his bench or call a time out