The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen showing immaturity once again.

Rate this topic

cuporbust

4 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Testing doesnt safeproof anything. Numerous of cases have been documented where a patient tests negative but actually do have COVID19. Such as inhaling the virus directly into your lungs; the swap tests only swap tissues from the nose and throat, it doesn't detect catch these cases. More recent examples like Trumps's Tulsa rally. 2 members of his staffs tests positive after the event even though the president has all the resources in the world to test, prevent, COVID19 infections during his event. 

The bottomline is less exposure less risk. As simple as that. The inability to take COVID19 seriously is why it is still a ongoing crisis in North America when the rest of the world is actually moving on. And the posts on this forum shows this so very clearly. 

BC has one of the lowest amount of Covid cases, or am I incorrect? And what makes you think we don't take this seriously cause we don't lose our mind about a guy going to a bar? Lol. Does anyone here 100% take 0 risks of exposure? No. Holding Jake to that standard is a joke. But I forgot. Since they make millions they aren't allowed to have social lives while the rest of us do. :rolleyes: You can take Covid seriously and not sit in your bedroom 24/7.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

BC has one of the lowest amount of Covid cases, or am I incorrect? And what makes you think we don't take this seriously cause we don't lose our mind about a guy going to a bar? Lol. Does anyone here 100% take 0 risks of exposure? No. Holding Jake to that standard is a joke. But I forgot. Since they make millions they aren't allowed to have social lives while the rest of us do. :rolleyes: You can take Covid seriously and not sit in your bedroom 24/7.

Partially because BC residents, collectively, took this seriously for the most part.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Partially because BC residents, collectively, took this seriously for the most part.

And whose to say you can’t go out to a bar once in a while and still take Covid seriously? I’m anti social and even I need to leave my bubble once in a while, and I’m smart about keeping my proper distance with people. I’m not saying it’s necessary or he should do it often. But it’s not worthy of making a “Jake is being immature again” thread/post about it. Bars are open, I trust he knows the safety precautions. As do all of us when we go out.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Drakrami said:

The bottomline is less exposure less risk. As simple as that. The inability to take COVID19 seriously is why it is still a ongoing crisis in North America when the rest of the world is actually moving on. And the posts on this forum shows this so very clearly. 

Yes, less exposure less risk. So I guess we can assume that you have been staying inside your home continuously for the last several months, having everything delivered and leaving everything outside for an extended period of time to be de-virused? How admirable of you to set such a fine example for us.

The rest of the world is actually moving on? You mean like the way Brazil, India, Russia, Bangladesh, Chile, Peru, South Africa, etc. are moving on?

• Wat 1

On 7/2/2020 at 8:28 PM, N7Nucks said:

If you have nothing in your house you can order food and get it delivered. The idea that going out to a restaurant is okay but a bar is not seems pretty double standard-ish. Sorry for a lack of a better word. There's always an option to just stay cooped up. We all go out for reasons that aren't deemed 100% necessary, or at least I imagine most of us do.

The issue to me is that Jake has a history of partying and not taking his career serious enough (showing up to camp out of shape...twice, if I’m not mistaken). Yet again it ends up on social media- he just doesn’t seem to be getting it. And what’s with the #worstcrewever hat? Just screams immaturity to me. Who gives a crap what Leipsic said- you’re in the league and he’s not. Grow up and get over it. 

I like Jake, always have. I’ve pulled for him since the day we drafted for him and will continue to, but like @King Heffy said, I don’t know if it’s ever going to work for him in Vancouver. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

The issue to me is that Jake has a history of partying and not taking his career serious enough (showing up to camp out of shape...twice, if I’m not mistaken). Yet again it ends up on social media- he just doesn’t seem to be getting it. And what’s with the #worstcrewever hat? Just screams immaturity to me. Who gives a crap what Leipsic said- you’re in the league and he’s not. Grow up and get over it. 

I like Jake, always have. I’ve pulled for him since the day we drafted for him and will continue to, but like @King Heffy said, I don’t know if it’s ever going to work for him in Vancouver. 

His play this season tells me he’s just fine. I dunno why we all care so much what he does in his free time. I have a hockey obsession but I’m not gonna micro analyze what these guys do in their spare time then make assumptions about their dedication to the game with little to no information. But that’s just me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I believe that was the whole reason for the video. This was Jake going on camera dunking on a KHLer for insulting his friends. Its just the kind of stupid thing young people are taught is "cool" on social media. I don't see this as an issue of 'intelligence' like some are making it out to be, I think its just immaturity. I just hope he grows out of faster than the team gets tired of him. 

• Cheers 1

Virtanen's brain will never catch up to his talent. Ever since Junior he has had a tough time with smart choices. Would not have drafted him in 2014, 5 or 6 better choices. Border line power forward, Jim was looking for a difference maker Jake is not it.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Virtanen's brain will never catch up to his talent. Ever since Junior he has had a tough time with smart choices. Would not have drafted him in 2014, 5 or 6 better choices. Border line power forward, Jim was looking for a difference maker Jake is not it.

Can you imagine if Jake passes the virus to other Canuck team mates :mad:

3 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Should have drafted Fleury, Ritchie, or Perlini  with our pick. Studs.

Seriously though there were almost as many duds in that top 12 as there were studs.

The fact that Virtanen is at least showing he can be a 20 goal guy with a responsible two way game and some physicality is a hell of a lot better than predictions a couple years ago.

Sure there were better picks but that’s the way of the draft. At least he’s turning the corner and showing he can be a player. And he’s still more mature than Kassian was at that age if that means anything. Still time to mature.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Nothing wrong with Jake going to the club. When 80% of the Canadian population is too arrogant to follow stringent distancing measures, why single out Jake? 

The three blues players got it from going to a bar.

Has nothing to do with immaturity.

37 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Nothing wrong with Jake going to the club. When 80% of the Canadian population is too arrogant to follow stringent distancing measures, why single out Jake? 

So sure, ok.  If 80% of the population sets their on fire, we should too?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Qwags said:

I think it says alot about how much we miss this team, when a topic like this gets 13 pages.

Not really - but only because most of it could be under the Covid thread - which is setting a record for posts on this site that likely no other topic will beat ever. Surpassed the Burrows thread in what three months? - and it’s a off-topic thread.   Maybe a cup winning thread will have enough legs one day.

As for JV, he’s a grown man who can make his own decisions.   BC is virtually free of Covid compared to any US state - and Ontario/and Quebec - and mental health breaks are factor in this - everyone needs to blow a little steam out sometimes and this is what people of his age do.   The place was open to the public like it or not.   What’s next?  EP goes to a crowded restaurant and is caught not socially distancing?   That should get another 10 or so pages of OMG the sky is falling.