The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 16, 2020 | Canucks lead series 2-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Stecher on for all 3 Blues goals. He had a tough game.  

not all his fault.  QH went too deep left Stech all alone, and Schen came on due to late change.

everyone can play 10% better

Nux matched up well.  played a good game but they can be even better  

• Cheers 1

This was a character loss. If that makes sense. We needed to lose, and losing game 3 made the most sense. Going up 3-0 in the series and losing game 4 would be worse IMO. Then you start to get nervous like Blackhawks in 2011. Also, if you are going to lose a game, it is best to lose this one because we play them again in 20 hours. We don't have to sit and dwell for 2 days. Go sleep, wake up and play again. Quick revenge.

I say the Canucks go up 3-1 and then finish them off 4-1 series on Friday night!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

Yeah, but he was abandoned on that giveaway of his.  Dunno if it was a bad line change, but more likely the forward bolted too soon and he had no one to five it to.  Tough break/game for him.

Too bad they didnt catch the elbow he took, but that's life.

Far better reffing than the last two games, but the boys weren't getting it done today.  Just how they aren't too tired, since we've had the better speed for the most part.  At least in the two previous games.

Better luck tomorrow! :towel:

The elbow was a direct result of a cross check to the back by edler.  Drove the player right into stetcher

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, billabong said:

Boeser was flying against minny but he’s been having trouble with the pace and tempo in this series

i wonder if he’s hurt or his lack of  quickness is catching up to him 

He’s always slow..  and now can’t get his shot away.. 

The reffs have a hard time FINDING a penalty to call against the Canucks, then call a bit of a weak one on Virtanen, however it was a bit of a slew foot.. Canucks score on their only PP of the game and the Reffs mail it in. NOPE CANT CALL ANYTHING AT ALL EVER AGAIN GOTTA NOT GIVE THE BLUES ANY PENALTIES FOR ANY DIRTY PLAYS.

2 minutes ago, billabong said:

Boeser was flying against minny but he’s been having trouble with the pace and tempo in this series

i wonder if he’s hurt or his lack of  quickness is catching up to him 

He looked way too passive out there.  When he was checking the Blues' players he would just do a skate-by.  He had tons of giveaways and wasn't skating hard...  not sure what the deal is, but we have Gaudette waiting in the wings. 

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

It is August 16 2020

It is 1:58 A.M

It is 27 degrees celsius in my house

I just watched Canucks OT playoff hockey against the Blues and Refs

In my sweatpants

Need to be at work in 3 hours

This is Summer 2020 in a nutshell and I am ok with it

It’s august 17th

7am 

its 22 degrees In the house 

I just watched the Canucks play hockey in my Pyjamas while eating porridge