The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, dexterwang said:

This is the problem. No one thinks he should have been shot 7 times in the back. It’s a tragedy. At the same time, many can understand resisting arrest, fighting officers, disobeying orders with guns drawn on you, reaching into your car and the cop has no idea what you are getting, will likely lead to a terrible outcome no matter the race. 

How is closing games effective? How is rioting going to solve anything? 

This was barely on the radar of many here. Now they all know.

13 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

That's the whole point here. They're depriving the owners, the league and TV networks of revenue. They in turn put pressure on those higher up (politicians) to effect change.

I find it weird this needs to be mentioned numerous times. Thought it was kinda obvious.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

Just from a logic pov.... wouldn't a person who says 'all lives matter' have to agree with the statement 'black lives matter'? 

Yes. I personally don't like the company BLM so I won't conform to their demands of how I speak. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

I think this is an issue with general police brutality, not so much racism. would anyone agree?

I think it's a reflection of American society rather than just the police, and racism is absolutely a factor. As a country they need to deal with it but never will. 

But you're right - they are ridiculously trigger happy. Quite often the same scenario in Europe would end with a far different result. Add said trigger happiness and societal racism together and that's a rotten combination. 

14 minutes ago, rychicken said:

few people expect racism to end tomorrow, however many expect the solution to start/continue today.

I´d say NO man, woman or child on the planet thinks racism ends tomorrorrow because they cancel a few games, what i´m saying is plan something bigger that will hurt the economy on a grander scale. This is lame. People burning down houses and protesting with violence is doing exactly the opposite of what they are trying to achieve.

My point is, people in general are to stupid for this world and these issues will never be solved because of that fact.

3 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Because there are more of them. Look at percentages by race. 

Then look at percentage by race of crime committed. Over 50% of crime is committed by black people so of course more are going to get shot because they commit more crime. 
7.6% of murders of black people are by white people. So 92.4 of murders of black people are committed by Black people.
13.6% of Murders of white people are committed by Black people. Where 86.4% of white people being murdered are by white people.
So in both case, each race kills each other way more than other race 52% of murders are committed by black people even though they are only about 13% of the population.
I know it's not fair to assume just because one black person killed someone, to hold that on all of them but this isn't just about white people needing to be better, they need to better themselves. BLM movement just makes white people look like they are awful people but a lot of their problems stem from with in their own race. If they stopped killing people, they would stop being killed. 

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dexterwang said:

This is the problem. No one thinks he should have been shot 7 times in the back. It’s a tragedy. At the same time, many can understand resisting arrest, fighting officers, disobeying orders with guns drawn on you, reaching into your car and the cop has no idea what you are getting, will likely lead to a terrible outcome no matter the race. 

How is closing games effective? How is rioting going to solve anything? 

It will solve certain political agenda issues. That's the truth.  U cant blackmail so called " rich influential NHL owners" to take a liberal point of view and call it right.

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

I think this is an issue with general police brutality, not so much racism. would anyone agree?

More so police brutality and black/white culture.

It's a war on two fronts. Gotta tackle both problems otherwise incidents like this won't stop.

Even if you create a better policing system it'll only do so much vs communities/peoples that commit a lot of crime and when people put themselves in positions where they can get shot.

And fixing these communities isn't gonna be done overnight and the solutions are a lot harder to figure out than the policing ones.

19 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

The same media who creates the news also owns Disney, National Geographic and all the rest including Rogers and Rogers Sportsnet. 

All I really use the MSM for is to watch hockey. 

If somebody knows a way that I can watch the Canucks online without all the propaganda , please let me know. 

All I want is to watch hockey, not be lectured to, however subtle, via imagery, slogans or celebrity testimonials. 
9E50ADA3-B10C-4E38-8026-282D8C91B5EE.jpeg.e356024950bc149ab2b6ac0cf6adcf6e.jpeg

There are sites I use to watch the Canucks games since I don't own Sportsnet, but I don't know if that will help the problem because I still need TSN for highlights, recaps, and further analysis (of the Leafs).

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The penalty for fighting with police is not summary execution.

Do you know what is in his car? He chose to resists. Police are not going to put their life at risk to wait and see what you pull out of your car after you have been hostile with them and resisted arrest..like give me a break. Regardless, of what race this guy is doing what he did was playing with fire and asking for lethal force to be used.

Edited by peaches5
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

Just from a logic pov.... wouldn't a person who says 'all lives matter' have to agree with the statement 'black lives matter'? 

Without a doubt. But the sentiment and organization/group are two different things.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Just like reviewed calls they are checking with Toronto.

Toronto picks up the phone says "wait, whut, there's still hockey on?"

"Huh... hello? Uh, offside if the goal was going to be for Vancouver..... Wait the players are doing WHAT?!"

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Do you know what is in his car? He chose to resists. Police are not going to put their life at risk to wait and see what you pull out of your car after you have been hostile with them and resisted arrest..like give me a break. Regardless, of what race this guy is doing what he did was playing with fire and asking for lethal force to be used.

Then shoot him in the ass. Then tackle him. There was no need to pump 7 shots into his back.

• Wat 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Cops are trained to empty their clips not to shoot one bullet and with adrenaline in a situation where a man was just tasered and kept moving shooting 7 rounds is not really that much.

I doubt you an expert on this topic as you called a magazine a 'clip'.  Somehow police all over Europe deal with these things and hardly ever shoot anyone.

• Vintage 1