The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

6 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Ya he walked up to the cops, explained himself and was arrested.

Cops didn't talk to him despite people yelling about what he did.. He did look like he was trying to give himself up though, walked right up to the cruiser but they did nothing, so he just left. 

He was arrested at his home the next day.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Allt svartnar said:

This "movement" is ultimately against whites, and largely funded by parties already deeply vested in anti-white activities. All across the board, people who are saying "NO!" to this nonsense are being silenced and punished. "To find out who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - and also -link removed-

I'm out. Been a fun 27 years as a fan. No more. Thanks for all the great information and nice discussions on the forum. Bye.

Good riddance.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

The one who walked towards them immediately after with his hands up?

Ya he walked up to the cops, explained himself and was arrested.

Prior to acting out his Punisher fantasy, he was seen with police being given water and shaking hands with them. 

In what realm is it normal for someone to gun down two protesters and get to casually stroll up to police? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Cops didn't talk to him despite people yelling about what he did.. He did look like he was trying to give himself up though, walked right up to the cruiser but they did nothing, so he just left. 

He was arrested at his home the next day.

Weird

23 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

What was ur opinion on what u saw in the video? Given all the new info on what preceaded the shots and the actual situation,  what's ur take ? Been curious what former or current officers think.

Oh sorry, I'm not a former officer. I was meaning the person in the video I linked was a former officer.

• Like 1

The same media who creates the news also owns Disney, National Geographic and all the rest including Rogers and Rogers Sportsnet. 

All I really use the MSM for is to watch hockey. 

If somebody knows a way that I can watch the Canucks online without all the propaganda , please let me know. 

All I want is to watch hockey, not be lectured to, however subtle, via imagery, slogans or celebrity testimonials. 
9E50ADA3-B10C-4E38-8026-282D8C91B5EE.jpeg.e356024950bc149ab2b6ac0cf6adcf6e.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

More unarmed white men are killed by white cops than black men.

The white population in the US is 4-5x greater than the black / African American. Why does that come as a surprise to you? I suspect that it doesn't and that you're just desperately seeking to justify your argument. 

Black people are disproportionately more likely to be shot by the police. Up to 6x more likely in fact, depending on where you live. Why is that? 

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

15 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Watch the video. He did everything but comply.

Not justifying his death but he did not at any point interact properly with them.

In the full clip he was so mangled on fentanyl he was telling them he couldn't breathe from the beginning when he was being asked to get in the car.

What about the lethal amount of fentanyl in his system? 

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The US government has no existing legal authority to label a wholly domestic group in the manner it currently designates foreign terrorist organizations.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Just now, StealthNuck said:

Because there are more of them. Look at percentages by race. 

Just responding to Raspberries reply that no white man would ever be shot which obviously is incorrect  and it’s false beliefs and misinformation that  creates a heck of a lot of issues.

45 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I really do empathize with people who grow up in an endless cycle of poverty - it is not their choice. I don't think violence or looting is a solution in any way shape or form. Black people need to hold other black people accountable too that are only further perpetuating the negative stereotype.

America had a black president for 8 years - I am probably speaking out of ignorance but that alone seems an indication that the systemic issues down there improved in recent decades. He had ample time to tackle the race issue, holding two super majorities when first elected, if he was unable then what can be done ? I would rather the outrage be placed on politicians that have been serving for decades rather then generalize some tragic incidents (often negligent, inexcusable) to the overall police force in north america.. 

Do you think Canada would (will) elect an Aboriginal PM ?   Since people keep comparing the two demographics it seemed an interesting thought

Nothing this big can be fixed in just 8 years.  Probably doesn't help that Trump sought to dismantle everything from the Obama administration. 

Electing an Aboriginal PM would probably go a long way to improve the current situation (ie. provide hope).  But I don't elect on race or party.  I vote based on platform and ethics. 

As with anything, it takes a generation for things to fully change.  And really ... all of this going on is to get people / government / business to open their eyes and focus on that path to improve.  Not just for now but for the future too.  When years of peaceful protest results in nothing being changed...what was it called...the definition of insanity.

I think it wouldn't be so bad in the USA if there was a better social network/programs and universal health care, etc.  Like you alluded to...end the cycle of poverty.