The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

18 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

You dont, but the BLM company is marxist.

I would suggest you read some political philosophy and understand what Marx and Engels were writing about and the societal values that created it. 

then go look at the russian revolution and civil war and how the principle of Marxism was used in Leninism and Stalinism 

BLM is not maxist by a long way. Analogies could be brought between workers conditions in the Victorian era and black communities in the USA, especially the use of prison labour and exploitation through cheap wages.

however they are not clambering for the dissolution of capitalist structures, more than wanting their share of the pie. 

4 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

It's good to see exactly who some of you are and what you're about. No reason to value the opinions of the ignorant! 

I'm not sure who you are talking about in the thread, but wisdom is being open to the possibility that one is himself or herself ignorant.

In discussions such as these, I have found that more often than not it is people on one side that aren't willing to have their views or ideas stand up to scrutiny or questioning.

I don't know what your views are on any of this, but a lot of people who claim to be experts in these topics would be wise to consider the possibility that they are the ones that don't get it.

So whatever your views may be, hopefully you'll have the confidence in them to have them stand up to discussion on the battlefield of ideas.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

I care. I love hockey and like them, I also don't like being force fed a narrative during sports. 

"I don't like my safe space being breached by hard reality." 

Hockey is inconsequential. 

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I'm not sure who you are talking about in the thread, but wisdom is being open to the possibility that one is himself or herself ignorant.

In discussions such as these, I have found that more often than not it is people on one side that aren't willing to have their views or ideas stand up to scrutiny or questioning.

I don't know what your views are on any of this, but a lot of people who claim to be experts in these topics would be wise to consider the possibility that they are the ones that don't get it.

So whatever your views may be, hopefully you'll have the confidence in them to have them stand up to discussion on the battlefield of ideas.

I know that even if some of these people are factually 100 percent correct, they are still showing zero empathy and instead post inflammatory comments.

Some people here care about what's going on and others want to use this as an opportunity to vent at people.  It is obvious who falls in to which categories.  Comments speak for themselves.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

I am all for the protest of racial injustice. But in no way do I support the Black Lives Matter. They have done more harm and destruction than good. I will probably be cancelled for this comment because the left can’t handle anyone who disagrees with them. 

I agree. I think BLM are setting race relations back a long way. It's a very disingenuous, destructive movement. That's what it was supposed to be. Trusting minds are being played. It's all bad, and as always, blacks are going to pay the biggest price. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Haha I don’t think anyone cares. Seeya! 

Actually the NHL might care....if people boycott like they are the NBA. NBA ratings are way down. Lower ratings mean less $ for TV contacts....add in no ticket sales right now. The NHL should not be caving into political agendas right now. They need every viewer they can get.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I would suggest you read some political philosophy and understand what Marx and Engels were writing about and the societal values that created it. 

then go look at the russian revolution and civil war and how the principle of Marxism was used in Leninism and Stalinism 

BLM is not maxist by a long way. Analogies could be brought between workers conditions in the Victorian era and black communities in the USA, especially the use of prison labour and exploitation through cheap wages.

however they are not clambering for the dissolution of capitalist structures, more than wanting their share of the pie. 

"We actually do have an ideological frame... we are trained Marxists."
- Patrisse Khan-Cullors, Co-Founder of BLM

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Qwags said:

How does one go from "I don't want to be murdered by police and have them be unpunished or free of consequence" to " it's all a ploy by the fascist-marxists?" (lol) 

How does one equate the two?

The BLM organization is a known Marxist organization; they openly admit to it. 

Edited by WZRD
  • Vintage 1

There is a short Marxist manifesto you could read, and its underlying principals are actually the only value which could save modern humanity. But I know reading a couple hundred pages is hard . So just keep being ignorant. Its a fact that real communism was never done. Never even tried, by a "normal" society.

• Vintage 2