The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

15 hours ago, stawns said:

Numbers are higher than we've had, yet we are going into the school year with the mindset of "close to normal" (as my district says).  PLease follow the link and make your voice heard that this govt needs to listen to it's citizens and rework their back to school plan

http://www.supportbcteachers.ca/

Done and shared!  Thanks for posting :)

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

You idiots who party in groups on Scott RD are dumb as a sack of rocks, That's the problem. People don't listen. 269 new cases.

Party in K-12  schools = SAFE no masks needed / no social distancing needed. 

Party at University = Unsafe

Party in homes = Unsafe 

Party at beach = Unsafe

Yup - government has been very clear to BC citizens.  Hard to believe that the BC gov did not even support mandatory masks on Skytrain.... and the BC gov wanted bars to be open..... wow...  Add in open invitation by BC gov to all Albertans to come holiday here in BC.

When i read that the BC gov was supporting the use of glory holes ...... i quickly realized our government had NO plan for covid. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

No wonder America is in so much trouble :lol:

JP had a pretty good video on it. Now I still support the extra pre auctions but he does have a good point that health of everyone needs to really become a priority for the future as opposed to dealing with essentially sick people and this just pushes them over the top to death or worse health. 

4 hours ago, nux4lyfe said:

You idiots who party in groups on Scott RD are dumb as a sack of rocks, That's the problem. People don't listen. 269 new cases.

*Posts new trump support video questions others intelligence*

Go Canucks Go

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

https://www.newwestrecord.ca/covid-19/man-fined-for-hosting-party-says-he-plans-to-figh

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

t-ticket-1.24191808

They don't a monopoly on stupidity I'm afraid.

“In this small space [we can’t socially distance] … but that’s why we kicked people out because the cops were coming. So no, we weren’t following it, but when the cops came here there were only 15 people here. ” - The 20 year old who says he's getting a lawyer

"STFU and pay the fine stupid" - the Lawyer 

• Cheers 4

Only two days in to having mandatory face coverings on transit and I'm already seeing an ugly trend: young people getting on the bus with their mask on, and then pushing the mask down under their chin or letting it hang off of one ear as soon as they sit down.

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Undrafted said:

Only two days in to having mandatory face coverings on transit and I'm already seeing an ugly trend: young people getting on the bus with their mask on, and then pushing the mask down under their chin or letting it hang off of one ear as soon as they sit down.

Young people don't need to wear masks....  that is what Dr. B and Horgan  told them about the return to school.....

Young people need clear and consistent messages....  seems almost like Horgan and Dr. B have no experience working with children / youth. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Young people don't need to wear masks....  that is what Dr. B and Horgan  told them about the return to school.....

Young people need clear and consistent messages....  seems almost like Horgan and Dr. B have no experience working with children / youth. 

Except these aren't school-aged kids I'm talking about, these are supposed adults in their 20s.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Undrafted said:

Except these aren't school-aged kids I'm talking about, these are supposed adults in their 20s.

Oh i see.  Dudes in their early 20's can't ride skytrain 30 minutes without a mask... but dudes that are 18 yr old can spend all day in poorly ventilated classroom with no windows - no mask required and no social distancing required.   Thanks for clarifying...

7 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

“In this small space [we can’t socially distance] … but that’s why we kicked people out because the cops were coming. So no, we weren’t following it, but when the cops came here there were only 15 people here. ” - The 20 year old who says he's getting a lawyer

"STFU and pay the fine stupid" - the Lawyer 

Reminds me of the scene in Liar Liar where Jim Carrey grabs the phone and just yells into it, "Stop breaking the law, asshole!"

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Party in homes = Unsafe 

Party at beach = Unsafe

Yup - government has been very clear to BC citizens.  Hard to believe that the BC gov did not even support mandatory masks on Skytrain.... and the BC gov wanted bars to be open..... wow...  Add in open invitation by BC gov to all Albertans to come holiday here in BC.

When i read that the BC gov was supporting the use of glory holes ...... i quickly realized our government had NO plan for covid. 

They're pretty all over the place with this. Half measures here and there and no proposals at all, or at least delayed.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Party in homes = Unsafe 

Party at beach = Unsafe

. i quickly realized our government had NO plan for covid. 

The double standard, and possible repercussions of it, are absolutely staggering.  

First the elderly of the province paid the price, now the government is forsaking the children by sending them back to school under poorly thought out circumstances.  

Unconscionable!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

The double standard, and possible repercussions of it, are absolutely staggering.  

First the elderly of the province paid the price, now the government is forsaking the children by sending them back to school under poorly thought out circumstances.  

Unconscionable!

not to mention that students and satff will now be exposed to hundreds of people every day and that means that we can no longer risk seeing vulnerable people.  I have a 94 year old grandmother I would love to spend what little time left I have with her and a diabetic father with cancer.......also out.  I understand kids need to be at school and I want to be there as well, but I also want to be able to spend time with loved ones withut fear of infecting them or worse.  I don't know what the answer is, but I know it isn't 30 kids in the classroom from the get go.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Unconscionable!

I've never understood the whole divider between desks thing, and wearing masks. If some kid is an asymptomatic carrier, then his mere presence for days on end is enough to compromise students. The barriers in place won't work. Being physically absent is the best protective measure.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I've never understood the whole divider between desks thing, and wearing masks. If some kid is an asymptomatic carrier, then his mere presence for days on end is enough to compromise students. The barriers in place won't work. Being physically absent is the best protective measure.  

Small group alternate day attendance wt mandatory daily health checks and thorough cleaning between cohorts being in building/classrooms.  Not 100% foolproof nor convenient for some I realize, but FAR safer for students and staff than simply throwing everyone into full-time attendance with essentially no other meaningful measures in place as is the plan right now. 

There are several things the PHO/MoE should and could be doing but they, for reasons unknown, refuse. 

• Thanks 1