The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Based on?

It's the most important thing happening in our world today....so I'd say no.

Say what? I don't know about that... i think nba free agency is way not important right now... Gotta start predicting my fantasy team so need to know who's going where! 

I don’t know this guy, and I’m usually a little suspicious of cops, but an officer with the job title “street disorder coordinator/community services/@VPDbikes instructor” is probably one of the good guys.

This was his tweet from Granville Mall last night:

So, a Halloween street party during a pandemic, with the crowd mostly not wearing masks, and when the cops try to do their jobs, the crowd swarms them and gets aggressive?

WTF is wrong with people?

Is even one in ten of these idiots wearing a mask? :sadno: :picard:

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMG they just showed the Granville strip on the news....not good.  We're in trouble with idiots like this on the loose.

Looks similar to many BC  school's  at lunch , recess and afterschool ..

Really think we don't have much of a chance here in BC to avoid this next wave.  I really think it may be much bigger numbers than what hit us last spring.   Dr. B will have  yet another  stern warning for BC on monday  ... but for sure no real action by our BC government once again.. 

I feel sorry for our seniors... they are ones being isolated the most right now... 

BC #FraserHealth School #COVID19 Snapshot Oct 31 2020

FH Exposures To Date: 229 Affected

FH Schools To Date: 143

Active Exposures last 14 days: 56

Active Exposures last 30 days: 164

Affected Schools last 14 days: 50

Affected Schools last 30 days: 119

Edited by kingofsurrey

44 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Looks similar to many BC  school's  at lunch , recess and afterschool to be completely honest.....

Really think we don't have much of a chance here in BC to avoid this next wave.  I really think it may be much bigger numbers than what hit us last spring.   Dr. B will have  yet another  stern warning for BC on monday  ... but for sure no real action by our BC government once again.. 

I feel sorry for our seniors... they are ones being isolated the most right now... 

BC #FraserHealth School #COVID19 Snapshot Oct 31 2020

FH Exposures To Date: 229 Affected

FH Schools To Date: 143

Active Exposures last 14 days: 56

Active Exposures last 30 days: 164

Affected Schools last 14 days: 50

Affected Schools last 30 days: 119

The only difference I'd argue is that kids have to be educated (sure, there are better ways right now).

People don't HAVE to stand around Granville Street looking like total d bags.  

From Global Twitter. 

image.png

image.png

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

The only difference I'd argue is that kids have to be educated (sure, there are better ways right now).

People don't HAVE to stand around Granville Street looking like total d bags.  

From Global Twitter. 

If that street is such trouble late at night...  simply baricade it closed at 10 PM.  Seems kinda simple.

Are those bars really an essential service ?   Having an entertainment district 100% open ( even with restrict alchohol sales hours )  during a pandemic makes zero sense. 

Even less sense in a province with no mandatory mask laws in place. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Losers Convention was in town.

These people make me sick.  Selfish.  Irresponsible.  Immature.  Etc.

Most of us are sacrificing a lot right now to try to get through this thing.  Then we have these asshats who somehow feel rubbing shoulders with each other in the street is more important than people suffering.  Narcissists, every one of them.

Be kind isn't working and they're going to be the reason for shutdowns.   Not the people doing their part who believe in this thing.  Crowds like this who would prefer immediate gratification that sets us back months.

Can we vote them off the island or something??

Unfortunately that’s what most people are in their late teens/early 20’s.

Not that I condone these kinds of gatherings but I understand why they don’t seem to care.

This generation already had it bad with massive student loans, skyrocketing housing prices, and low employment. Now you add a pandemic and what is likely a long recession. 

It’s hard to care about anything when you see no future for yourself. Again not condoning but I can understand the apathy/angst/rebellion they have. 

Also when you’re sitting at home collecting $2000 a month it’s more money than you were likely making before. Wouldn’t be surprised if they want to keep riding the gravy train for as long as possible. As long as it’s not affecting them right?

Either way the police needed to be prepared for this and disperse the crowds.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-30/sweden-hits-highest-daily-coronavirus-case-number/12829990

"Sweden hits highest daily COVID-19 spread as chief epidemiologist says herd immunity not 'ethically justifiable'

Woke up this morning to the news about the covidiots on Granville last night.  One reporter indicated it appeared most were from the suburbs as there were a lot of limo's and party buses cruising around.  WTH are party buses still allowed to operate???  

I'm finding the news these days to be morbidly depressing and am resorting to finding dog videos on FB to watch.  The only TV I watch these days is HGTV as even when disaster strikes, they fix it within the span of a 1 hour show.  The kind of positivity I need right now.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, skategal said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-30/sweden-hits-highest-daily-coronavirus-case-number/12829990

"Sweden hits highest daily COVID-19 spread as chief epidemiologist says herd immunity not 'ethically justifiable'

Woke up this morning to the news about the covidiots on Granville last night.  One reporter indicated it appeared most were from the suburbs as there were a lot of limo's and party buses cruising around.  WTH are party buses still allowed to operate???  

I'm finding the news these days to be morbidly depressing and am resorting to finding dog videos on FB to watch.  The only TV I watch these days is HGTV as even when disaster strikes, they fix it within the span of a 1 hour show.  The kind of positivity I need right now.  

Tell that to Nigel Farage................

UK coronavirus - Farage to relaunch Brexit Party as anti-lockdown party

Sun 1 Nov 2020 21:46:10 GMT

Farage was the Brexit Party guy, now shifting focus 

Writing in Monday's Daily Telegraph
  • says that "lockdowns don't work" 
  • forming a new party to back a "focused protection" policy
  • says it will protect only the most vulnerable
  • and will allow the rest of the population to develop herd immunity

Farage was the Brexit Party guy, now shifting focus 

corona.jpg

Edited by nuckin_futz

I hope Dr. Henry brings out her bad b*tch after what she saw from Saturday night on Granville Street. 
This pleasant grandma tone won't work with the selfish idiot kids we have these days, who only focus on themselves and their clout.

That's not even mentioning the kids I saw in the park launching firecrackers into the middle of the street and hitting cars. 

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

I hope Dr. Henry brings out her bad b*tch after what she saw from Saturday night on Granville Street. 
This pleasant grandma tone won't work with the selfish idiot kids we have these days, who only focus on themselves and their clout.

That's not even mentioning the kids I saw in the park launching firecrackers into the middle of the street and hitting cars. 

Yah  Dr B's  BE KIND / BE SAFE jingle....  just doesn't seem to resonate with a 22 yr D - bag intent on partying with his CERB money......

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah  Dr B's  BE KIND / BE SAFE jingle....  just doesn't seem to resonate with a 22 yr D - bag intent on partying with his CERB money......

That’s not on Dr. Henry.

That’s on D-bags who would be D-bags under any circumstance. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2