The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

So "Jina" finally has their own vaccine. (Surprised it took so long, since they created the virus in a Whuhan lab...:unsure:)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/30/asia/china-sinopharm-vaccine-efficacy-intl-hnk/index.html

Chinese regulators have approved the country's first homegrown coronavirus vaccine, developed by state-owned pharmaceutical giant Sinopharm, officials announced Thursday.

The approval comes a day after Sinopharm said its vaccine is 79.34% effective, citing interim analysis of Phase 3 clinical trials.
China has drastically scaled up its vaccine emergency use program in recent weeks. Since December 15, it has administered more than 3 million vaccine doses on "key groups" in the population, Zeng Yixin, vice-minister of China's National Health Commission, said at a news conference Thursday.
That's on top of the 1.5 million doses administered on "high-risk groups" by the end of November, Zeng added.

So far, the only side effect is that an hour after getting your shot, you feel like getting another one....B)
  • Haha 4

This person was fired, but I'm wondering why he or she hasn't been arrested....<_<

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/wisconsin-health-worker-fired-after-intentionally-spoiling-covid-19-vaccine-doses/ar-BB1cmMU0?li=AAggNb9

A Wisconsin health-care worker has been fired after admitting they intentionally removed dozens of vials of Moderna's coronavirus vaccine from a pharmacy refrigerator, forcing more than 500 doses to be thrown out.

Advocate Aurora Health said in a statement that the individual admitted to their action on Wednesday after the company was led to believe the incident, which happened last weekend, was due to human error.

"We are more than disappointed that this individual's actions will result in a delay of more than 500 people receiving their vaccine," the company said.

"This was a violation of our core values, and the individual is no longer employed by us."

The company said it has notified "appropriate authorities" for further investigation. It did not explain further why the vials were removed.

The incident happened overnight on Dec. 26 at the Aurora Medical Center in Grafton, a town nearly 40 kilometres north of Milwaukee.

Advocate Aurora Health originally said on Monday that over 50 vials of the Moderna vaccine were removed from a refrigerator to access other items but were not replaced. Each vial contains 10 doses of the vaccine.

"While some of the vaccine was administered to team members on Dec. 26 within the approved 12-hour post-refrigeration window, unfortunately most of it had to be discarded due to the temperature storage requirements necessary to maintain its viability," the company said then.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm wondering what the back story is.   Why would a person remove 500 doses of the vaccine?  Was he/she trying to steal them?  And why would they eventually admit to wrong-doing after the company initially seems to have bought the story that it was an accident?

Just now, UnkNuk said:

I'm wondering what the back story is.   Why would a person remove 500 doses of the vaccine?  Was he/she trying to steal them?  And why would they eventually admit to wrong-doing after the company initially seems to have bought the story that it was an accident?

That's the million dollar question.....but if it wasn't a mistake, then it was a criminal act, IMHO......

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So "Jina" finally has their own vaccine. (Surprised it took so long, since they created the virus in a Whuhan lab...:unsure:)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/30/asia/china-sinopharm-vaccine-efficacy-intl-hnk/index.html

So far, the only side effect is that an hour after getting your shot, you feel like getting another one....B)

Well it is the CHIna Flu.:ph34r:

Another day, another record. 

3900 deaths. 

When this is over, it will likely exceed US combat casualties of WWII, and perhaps all the US wars in the 20th century combined if the trajectory doesn't change soon. 

Edited by Jaimito

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The virus is almost non-existent in China now. It's business as usual. Been in touch with a high school friend who moved there for work. They don't need the vaccine unless they want to travel abroad. He said so far only the military got it. Public hasn't been offered yet.  

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The virus is almost non-existent in China now. It's business as usual. Been in touch with a high school friend who moved there for work. They don't need the vaccine unless they want to travel abroad. He said so far only the military got it. Public hasn't been offered yet.  

Non-existent eh.. :bigblush:

Somehow I think China's numbers are more fudged than ol' Uncle Donny's tax returns

I really hope people do the right thing, tomorrow (today actually) for new years, and for a few more months or however long is needed to give this virus the sweet kick in the ass it so badly needs and send it home crying to mommy-virus

Oh did you know that the covidiots call us sheeple "cov-wards" now? I saw it popping up on articles from CBC.. I mean.. that doesn't even work phonetically - but I'm getting sidetracked here.

GO CANUCKS!

Edited by ImConfused
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55479018

worth a read and listen to if you can.

yes the new strain is more transmissible but it’s the actions of people not the virus which leads to the spread. 

this may be in the UK but seeing how people here pretty much think it won’t happen to them or it’s not serious or it’s no big deal to break to rules as it’s only once or twice etc....

but the nhs is the 4/5th largest employer in the world (depending on whether you count McDonald franchises as part of the group total or not as they are technically separately owned)

And the inpact on this is severe and some places catastrophic. I would advise those in BC to stop and think what would happen to your hospitals if you let it get to that state and then take action to make sure it doesn’t happen.

personal responsibility is the best way and quickest way to get to a level or normality again. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

US hospital employee 'intentionally discarded vaccine vials'

A US hospital where more than 50 vials of the Moderna vaccine were discarded earlier this week has said the employee who removed the vaccines did so “intentionally” and was no longer employed by the hospital, local media report.

On Monday, hospital officials said 57 vials of the vaccine had to be thrown away because of human error.

The vials being discarded led to 500 doses of the vaccine being thrown out, according to the statement from the Advocate Aurora Health medical centre in Grafton, Wisconsin.

“We immediately launched an internal review and were led to believe this was caused by inadvertent human error," the hospital said in the statement on Wednesday.

"The individual in question today acknowledged that they intentionally removed the vaccine from refrigeration.

“We are more than disappointed that this individual’s actions will result in a delay of more than 500 people receiving their vaccine. This was a violation of our core values, and the individual is no longer employed by us."

16 hours ago, coho8888 said:

So I'm an authoritarian because I obey the laws?  So when I obey the speed limit in a school zone or wear my seatbelt in a car, that makes me one too?  Or does the law apply to only some of the people some of the time?  Hey, I didn't see any kids crossing the crosswalk at the time I was blowing through at 60 kms so its ok right?

If there is one thing I can't stand it's kids walking around, trying to go play and crap. If they get in the way of my car when I'm late trying to get to a New Year's party. Well F them, their priorities are effed. They probably didn't have any booze anyway, probably weren't even going to a big social indoor gathering, useless small people. Just like everyone else whose priority isn't getting wasted today.

Stand up for yourselves ... drive fast, drive drunk, get wasted at a big party all night long. All the cool kids are doing it!

- the immortal words of TR :mellow:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

Oh for gods sake.

60% of Ohio Nursing Home Workers Refuse Vaccine

https://www.citybeat.com/news/blog/21147580/60-of-ohio-nursing-home-workers-refuse-vaccine?utm_source=feature&utm_medium=home&utm_campaign=hpfeatures

As the coronavirus vaccine dribbles out far more slowly than promised, many of the people who can get it are refusing to do so.

Gov. Mike DeWine on Wednesday said that a whopping 60% of nursing home workers who have been offered the vaccine have refused it. 

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh for gods sake.

60% of Ohio Nursing Home Workers Refuse Vaccine

https://www.citybeat.com/news/blog/21147580/60-of-ohio-nursing-home-workers-refuse-vaccine?utm_source=feature&utm_medium=home&utm_campaign=hpfeatures

As the coronavirus vaccine dribbles out far more slowly than promised, many of the people who can get it are refusing to do so.

Gov. Mike DeWine on Wednesday said that a whopping 60% of nursing home workers who have been offered the vaccine have refused it. 

Good, more for Canada. I have no sympathy for these idiots. 

I do for the residents tho. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

New Years is ruined. But my family has been 'distancing' this whole time and working from home, barely going anywhere. The risk was extremely low and because of that a handful of us got together for Christmas. #Perspective. It was great and it was everything I thought it could have been and should have been. The authoritarians around here won't appreciate that but I don't really care.

if you or a member of your family gets sick because of this, please spare us the details. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1