The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Violator said:

Vancouver aswell

Public health will not test you here even if you have symptoms (and a request from a doctor) unless you are in distress.

I basically had a public health nurse give me a management plan to tell me what to look out to seek further medical attention via the ER or calling them back. 

I am asthmatic and my asthma is crazy, coughing non stop, wheezing after coughing or walking up hill or cleaning my house. Also my chest hurts so badly.

I am in quarantine now till the end of March.

• Huggy Bear 2

11 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

Public health will not test you here even if you have symptoms (and a request from a doctor) unless you are in distress.

I basically had a public health nurse give me a management plan to tell me what to look out to seek further medical attention via the ER or calling them back. 

I am asthmatic and my asthma is crazy, coughing non stop, wheezing after coughing or walking up hill or cleaning my house. Also my chest hurts so badly.

I am in quarantine now till the end of March.

Jeebus...take care friend.

• Upvote 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I do enough outdoor stuff already. Doesn't work my chest or back.

For your chest do regular push ups, incline push ups, elevated push ups, gorilla push ups and single leg push ups.  You can also do dips.  Finish off with some chest stretches.  This routine will work every chest muscle. 

For your back you can start with hip hinge then progress to reverse snow angels, locust, bird dog (from yoga pose), and thoracic rotation.  This routine will work every back muscle.

These are great exercises for chest and back, even for a professional hockey player...  :)

Edited by Elias Pettersson

If you get really depressed about all of this, then go to Google and type in "Flash mobs". It gets you back to seeing the positives we have in this world. Mind you, you couldn't do much of a flash mob now with social distancing and stores closed. But it is a good escape.

3 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Nor is Canada Japan, so let's not assume what is happening there is going to happen in Canada.

Not assuming, but I have been living through the lock down longer than anyone on here.  And been through 2 more in my life.  My comment to the women is that while the shelves are empty they will be a lot better in a short while.

Interesting all the people that upvote your comment are the same people who are pushing a 'fear narrative' for this topic. 

Italy is turning out to be an outlier for Europe and Asia.  There is fear it will surpass China in total deaths.  People on this site playing the chicken little game are fixated on Italy while not recognizing what is happening in our countries.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Petey40 said:

Lol Should I go on samurai? You’re on here telling people they’re panicking, being extreme. That only if you have symptoms you need to stay home. All things that are completely opposite of what the Canadian governments are saying. And you’re using the experience in Japan to drive home your point. We’re told to stay home as much as possible by our government. We should listen to them and not compare what is happening in Japan to what is happening here.

you and a few others have been pushing a certain fear narrative with some major twisting of information.   

32 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

They need to be putting limits on things.   I am in self isolation at the moment due to returning from travel in the US and am finding it very difficult, no, impossible.  to find a store that delivers that has any stock.  

100000% they need to impose limits on many of the essentials.

I'd even go to the extreme that I wish we'd put whatever resources we can (engineering/server efforts to handle the excess online traffic, delivery drivers) into making deliveries the only way to get groceries for a period of time so we can limit and throttle inventory supplies and with blocks of delivery timeslots reserved for the most vulnerable.

HOPEFULLY once most households get their "first round of hoarding", things will eventually start normalizing (I hate even calling this state of affairs "normal :(").

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, samurai said:

My comment to the women is that while the shelves are empty they will be a lot better in a short while.

Men don't shop in Japan?

Not assuming, but I have been living through the lock down longer than anyone on here

@smokes will have you beat in lock down time.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

We are Canada. Not China, not Italy, not Iran, not Spain, not Germany, not South Korea, not France, not USA, not Switzerland, not the UK, not the Netherlands, not Norway, not Austria, not Belgium, not Sweden, not Denmark, not Japan, not Malaysia, who all have higher cases than Canada, nor do we have the same culture or set of laws as any of those countries.

Oy Vey

Do you think this virus gives two ***** what country your in?  What evidence could you possibly have to think Canada is somehow going to be spared?

you and a few others have been pushing a certain fear narrative with some major twisting of information.   

When did I twist information? And what’s worse? People being scared enough to take this serious and self isolate to help flatten the curve and help the health care systems? Or people being nonchalant and go about their daily life ignoring what the government of Canada has said further spreading the virus? I think the answer is obvious. 

Edit: People don’t need to be scared but they should remain cautious and sufficiently worried enough to follow the guidelines set out by the government.

Edited by Petey40

3 minutes ago, samurai said:

Not assuming, but I have been living through the lock down longer than anyone on here.  And been through 2 more in my life.  My comment to the women is that while the shelves are empty they will be a lot better in a short while.

Interesting all the people that upvote your comment are the same people who are pushing a 'fear narrative' for this topic. 

Italy is turning out to be an outlier for Europe and Asia.  There is fear it will surpass China in total deaths.  People on this site playing the chicken little game are fixated on Italy while not recognizing what is happening in our countries.   

I understand where you're coming from, literally and figuratively (I have plenty of family who live in Japan). I just feel it's too naive to assume Italy is the outlier considering the number of countries currently on a similar trajectory. Sure, with the benefit of being days behind them, we can course correct before we're in as deep as them. We just want to make sure we do and are happy to take extreme measures if it means it could save additional lives. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Oy Vey

Do you think this virus gives two ***** what country your in?  What evidence could you possibly have to think Canada is somehow going to be spared?

Me_'s response was to Samurai, who indicated we in Canada should do what Japan did.

And I don't recall Me_ ever saying  that Canada was going to be spared.

6 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

When did I twist information? And what’s worse? People being scared enough to take this serious and self isolate to help flatten the curve and help the health care systems? Or people being nonchalant and go about their daily life ignoring what the government of Canada has said further spreading the virus? I think the answer is obvious. 

Both are counter-productive. Fear adds stress. Stress makes coping difficult leading to frustration/agitation. Compound that over months of social distancing and I am expecting we will see a sharp rise in suicides and cases of domestic violence. A measured response is appropriate, we need to reassure ourselves that while this is serious, its not the end of the world. People behave stupidly when they are gripped by fear, if you cannot see that then you are part of the problem.

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Toews said:

Both are counter-productive. Fear adds stress. Stress makes coping difficult leading to frustration/agitation. Compound that over months and I am expecting we will see a sharp rise in suicides and cases of domestic violence. A measured response is appropriate, we need to reassure ourselves that this is serious but not the end of the world. People behave stupidly when they are gripped by fear, if you cannot see that then you are part of the problem.

Yeah I corrected myself in my original post. Fear and panic isn’t the answer but we should still be listening to the government and what they are recommending.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

Oy Vey

Nowhere did I say that Canada will

be spared.

I said Canada will have to create its own rules to deal with this problem.

The problem is just starting here.