The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Canada will ultimately follow the UK's and US's lead. Why would anyone believe otherwise considering recent trends?

I hope we don't blindly follow. To do so at this point signals the end of our democracy 

The anti freedom Communist protest that's in Ottawa and has put out an MOU with terms of surrender that include the overthrow of democratically elected people is not the hallmark of any democacracy

This movement is on the verge of doing what the axis couldn't jn two world wars. 

If for no other reason then to defend democracy they need to say  to the Communist mob demanding goverment overthrow 

Apple  news ran a editorial today that identified on a global level the alt right have made Canada ground zero for their movement and hoping to change government....  because if Canad will embrace alt right  nationalism then others will follow

And with the hospital rates basically holding at near record rates and deaths ramping up...... how could anyone suggest that's a good trend?

I just wish this protest would stop using out countries flag  You don't get to claim to be a Canadian if you support them ..... their demand for the overthrow of our elected officials means its the convoy or Canada.... you can't be patriotic and loyal to both 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

You got it already and didn't get very sick so you want everything open right now since you personally are done with Covid. Got it.

You're impatient and selfish.

Me along with the majority of Canadians. Sorry, but there's nothing we can do but boost the at risk and hope for the best. That's the reality, along with the at risk also wanting to move on with their lives too. Omicron is a different virus, so old guilt trips no longer apply. 

See: Multiple nations ditching all restrictions due to this reality. Are they all selfish or impatient?  Nope. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Magicwords said:

I hope we don't blindly follow. To do so at this point signals the end of our democracy 

The anti freedom Communist protest that's in Ottawa and has put out an MOU with terms of surrender that include the overthrow of democratically elected people is not the hallmark of any democacracy

This movement is on the verge of doing what the axis couldn't jn two world wars. 

If for no other reason then to defend democracy they need to say  to the Communist mob demanding goverment overthrow 

Apple  news ran a editorial today that identified on a global level the alt right have made Canada ground zero for their movement and hoping to change government....  because if Canad will embrace alt right  nationalism then others will follow

And with the hospital rates basically holding at near record rates and deaths ramping up...... how could anyone suggest that's a good trend?

I just wish this protest would stop using out countries flag  You don't get to claim to be a Canadian if you support them ..... their demand for the overthrow of our elected officials means its the convoy or Canada.... you can't be patriotic and loyal to both 

This seems quite overstated.  How would you explain the Pots and Pans Revolution that happened in Iceland 2009 - 2011 that resulted in 25 common people, of no political party, elected to form an Icelandic Constitutional Assembly?  I would think this particular "revolution" likely furthered democracy in Iceland.  Canada's first past the post system is archaic.  Blindly following career party voting politicians is not the answer.  We need a system of proportional representation made up of public servants who will actually listen to the people and be engaged in problem solving. 

4 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

This seems quite overstated.  How would you explain the Pots and Pans Revolution that happened in Iceland 2009 - 2011 that resulted in 25 common people, of no political party, elected to form an Icelandic Constitutional Assembly?  I would think this particular "revolution" likely furthered democracy in Iceland.  Canada's first past the post system is archaic.  Blindly following career party voting politicians is not the answer.  We need a system of proportional representation made up of public servants who will actually listen to the people and be engaged in problem solving. 

The protesters are not calling for free elections which we just had. They are calling for the overthrow and a new type of committee governance with senators the GG and them. And if senators don’t vote their way they are suppose to resign as well

It’s government over throw plain and simple 

we just had an election and my party didn’t win. I’m not out there holding Canada hostage and causing fear and division because my party didn’t win. In a democracy we work hard to be ready for the next election while respecting the office even if we don’t like the person elected to it

i do agree though that we need proportional representation and I as well don’t care for politicians who’s only real job was being elected to an office.

if they haven’t actually worked for a living how could they ever fully understand what a working class person goes through. Not ordering lobster with your steak isn’t the same sacrifice as what meals can have any Meat this week and which bills get paid

the cons leading candidate fits that as did Scheer …… career politicians. 

although not a con I did appreciate Oriole as being a service member in can assure you he had had dirty hands in his life 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

36 minutes ago, Magicwords said:

The protesters are not calling for free elections which we just had. They are calling for the overthrow and a new type of committee governance with senators the GG and them. And if senators don’t vote their way they are suppose to resign as well

we just had an election and my party didn’t win. I’m not out there holding Canada hostage and causing fear and division because my party didn’t win. In a democracy we work hard to be ready for the next election while respecting the office even if we don’t like the person elected to it

i do agree though that we need proportional representation and I as well don’t care for politicians who’s only real job was being elected to an office.

if they haven’t actually worked for a living how could they ever fully understand what a working class person goes through. Not ordering lobster with your steak isn’t the same sacrifice as what meals can have any Meat this week and which bills get paid

although not a con I did appreciate Oriole as being a service member in can assure you he had had dirty hands in his life 

I've grown to be a little more open to a career politician after meeting a brilliant young woman who's going down that road herself, daughter of a prominent cabinet minister.  However, she recognizes how privileged she is and works hard to understand.  Someone like Scheer or Polliviere doesn't care to listen and simply assumes that they know what's best.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Magicwords said:

Hi Magicwords, some good points.  The "that resulted in 25 common people, of no political party, elected to form..." was likely a compromise of the Pots and Pans Revolution demands.  Some of that government must have been willing to listen and come to an agreement with Protestors.      

3 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Canada will ultimately follow the UK's and US's lead. Why would anyone believe otherwise considering recent trends?

Canada will follow the UK we have been doing all along.  Difference is, UK hit the curve a while back, so it will be awhile before we do the same.

Nobody is following the States.  :sadno:

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

You obviously don't work in healthcare, or know anything at all about it. And the "fact" that everybody you know has had Covid makes it clear what you are, because that is not the experience that decent civilized people have had. You have made yourself an object of revulsion on this forum. Was this a conscious decision on your part, or is that just the way you are?

Uh huh. Was just told another family i know also got and got over omicron. Add that to the millions of people in this nation who will also attest to that and wonder what restrictions even accomplish. 

Delusion indeed. 

The majority want restrictions removed for a reason my friend. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

You obviously don't work in healthcare, or know anything at all about it. And the "fact" that everybody you know has had Covid makes it clear what you are, because that is not the experience that decent civilized people have had. You have made yourself an object of revulsion on this forum. Was this a conscious decision on your part, or is that just the way you are?

Some people just rub people the wrong way without it being intentional.  Sure there are some people that enjoy being a**holes but I like to give the benefit of the doubt….most of the time anyways.:P

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Some people just rub people the wrong way without it being intentional.  Sure there are some people that enjoy being a**holes but I like to give the benefit of the doubt….most of the time anyways.:P

And then you run into a know it all stupid one….

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Uh huh. Was just told another family i know also got and got over omicron. Add that to the millions of people in this nation who will also attest to that and wonder what restrictions even accomplish. 

Delusion indeed. 

The majority want restrictions removed for a reason my friend. 

please-get-off-the-computer-read-a-fucking-book.jpg

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1