The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

35 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am not talking about right now. I am talking about the multiple times Canada has had to bail out Air Canada with our tax dollars.

I understand they've had issues in the past where bailing them out seems unjust and unwarranted, but they've been a much more successful and well-run company for many years now to the point of it being warranted. Were this the type of downturn of 2008, they apparently almost certainly wouldn't need a bailout, but this pandemic is unprecedented.

Edited by Jester13

14 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

It’s even worse than having the owner’s son play on your local Junior hockey team........Wayyyyyyyy worse.  

So hard to comprehend why more people don’t seem to realize this. 

Kushner is a deeply flawed individual and his decision making should begin and end at “honey, should I pick up milk on the way home”?

5D95E732-E611-4095-8FD1-DF6ABD656148.png

• Cheers 2

https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden already warned that the reported corona crisis is used for a massive expansion of global surveillance and control measures, which will not be dismantled afterwards. The Argentinean virologist Pablo Goldschmidt, who lives in France, speaks of a „global media terror“ and „totalitarian measures“.

Edited by riffraff
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Except that plan isn't even remotely realistic, especially since the NHL has said they will not compromise 20-21 season.  And now we're getting projections that this could last months not weeks.  They should do the right thing and cancel the season and start working on some way to raise money to the charities that are in dire need instead of alienating Joe Public with talks of resuming a season we all know isn't going to happen.

I don’t agree with making a full 2020-21 season a priority.

Playing 85% of a season and scrapping it is way more of a travesty than playing two 70 game seasons (which is what the season should be anyways).

Playoff revenue is worth way more than 12 games of the regular season.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

One might ask what is a national security priority in Canada? Not like SARs wasn't a wake up call. I see the 10 year bond yield in the USA dropped below Canada's. I don't think I have ever seen that before. At some point Canada will not be able to finance the debt. I suspect rating agencies will be re-evaluating both government and corporate debt in Canada. How much of Canadian GDP will be in the hands of government by the time this virus passes? 

If Canada had any illusions about what the Americans were capable of then NAFTA 2.0 should have woke them up. If it wasn't Trump playing hardball it would be another POTUS. Nixon and LBJ come to mind. They needed us a lot more back then, not so much now. Truly I think there is a significant geopolitical realignment going on here. I think the Americans are aware of the world debt problem and are positioning themselves to come out the other end. To them this is just as much a national security issue as any threat the Russians or Chinese present. I have said many times I do not expect Canada to survive as constituted.   

I don't think your nafta 2.0 analysis is correct, I haven't seen anything negative about it by any credible source. Worst case is we came out the same as before which was pretty good. 

What can save Canada is our ridiculous natural resource wealth and nascent manufacturing capability in many areas. We have a lot of little pockets of very capable folks, we need to foster that. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Interesting that our federal system is working much more smoothly than our neighbours to the south.  There is none of the partisan sniping that we see there with our own provincial and federal leaders.  We are all in this together. 

Just now, Dungass said:

Interesting that our federal system is working much more smoothly than our neighbours to the south.  There is none of the partisan sniping that we see there with our own provincial and federal leaders.  We are all in this together. 

What is this?

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t agree with making a full 2020-21 season a priority.

Playing 85% of a season and scrapping it way more of a travesty than playing two 70 game seasons (which is what the season should be anyways).

Playoff revenue is worth way more than 12 games of the regular season.

I don't think we'll see sports for a very, very long time.......not until there's a vaccine

• Cheers 2

Time for Canada, BC more specifically to put their foot DOWN and immediately STOP shipping those precious materials to 3M down in the states. If Trump thinks he can hoard all the masks while using Canadian materials F that noise!! 

But being polite Canadians with no back bone, we like cave and let him get away with it. Trudeau would earn my respect if he say not so fast Trump and immediately shuts that down. 

Surely we can make our own masks in Canada with those materials!?

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think we'll see sports for a very, very long time.......not until there's a vaccine

I don’t agree.

A vaccine doesn’t need to come first a treatment for it does. 

There are already approved drugs out there that are showing promise. Just have to identify the right one.

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

https://swprs.org/corona-media-propaganda/

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden already warned that the reported corona crisis is used for a massive expansion of global surveillance and control measures, which will not be dismantled afterwards. The Argentinean virologist Pablo Goldschmidt, who lives in France, speaks of a „global media terror“ and „totalitarian measures“.

All this scares me more than the virus.  So many people are calling it conspiracy, but they need to open their eyes and do some research.  Add a cashless society to the list and mandatory vaccines or you will be limited as to where you can go.

Google is already releasing location info.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/google-s-sharing-canadians-location-data-with-the-government-but-says-privacy-s-assured-1.4880747