The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Just now, DeNiro said:

Not sure which conspiracies to believe.

Was it the Chinese? Was it the US? Was it the Chinese framing the US? Vice Versa?

Honestly the propaganda machines are spewing out so much misinformation right now it’s best to just ignore them and use common sense.

I dont know if I believe any of them.

But I found it strange for Global to run it across their ticker. I hate tickers, they just send a sentence across and often don't follow up with that topic during the broadcast.

I don't understand the logic behind this one...lets freak out the viewers by putting conspiracy theory on their screens without any follow up.

Also, that they are talking about the Chinese angle and mentioning that, not the US 'China flu' angle...

8 minutes ago, Kushman said:

It all comes back to "Orange man bad"

The mainstream media would rather defend a murderous communist dictatorship like China than say anything that would benefit Trump

Well, they weren't defending China but I'll agree with you that MSM outlets should not dabble in conspiracy theories. 

I will also agree that China is bad stuff.

Oh, alright I'll agree Orange man is bad too...;)

But that's another thread. 

35 minutes ago, Kushman said:

It all comes back to "Orange man bad"

The mainstream media would rather defend a murderous communist dictatorship like China than say anything that would benefit Trump

Because Orange man would rather defend a murderous communist dictatorship like Russia than say anything that bad about Poutine.  One is as evil as the next.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thanks Smokes. Unfortunately they don't say what "significant" means in the abstract. But I did find a Forbes article starting the difference - I don't like posting the Forbes one but that all I could find. The study authors did say that no one should use this for clinical decisions, just to keep studying to see if this is really a thing. 

As outlined in the study, the normal population in Wuhan has a blood type distribution of:

• Type A - 31% 
  • Type B - 24% 
  • Type AB - 9%
  • Type O - 34%

Comparatively, Wuhan residents who had contracted COVID-19 had a blood type distribution of: 

• Type A - 38% 
  • Type B - 26%
  • Type AB - 10%
  • Type O - 25%

https://www.forbes.com/sites/claryestes/2020/03/20/what-the-relationship-between-blood-type-and-coronavirus-susceptibility-means-for-future-treatments/#7c6c91d6677c

As a type AB this pleases me

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Was it the Chinese? Was it the US? Was it the Chinese framing the US? Vice Versa?

Honestly the propaganda machines are spewing out so much misinformation right now it’s best to just ignore them and use common sense.

Well as conspiracy theory goes...the Chinese doctor that warned people and then died from the Coronavirus was an ophthalmologist.

So why did an eye surgeon happen to know of a possibility of the Coronavirus?

35 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

As a type AB this pleases me

Well based on the data, you’re 1% more likely to get it. But really, it’s not statistically significant. Or peer reviewed.  Call it a wash even if the study is validated. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

What propaganda machines are leaving behind 

3vyb95.jpg

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Well as conspiracy theory goes...the Chinese doctor that warned people and then died from the Coronavirus was an ophthalmologist.

So why did an eye surgeon happen to know of a possibility of the Coronavirus?

He had his eye on it. :ph34r:

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

all those men are drunk.  Work and then forced to go drink.   You rarely see it anymore, except in a few regions of japan - it is very uncommon now.   they were starting to get robbed so the police watch for it now.  It is socially acceptable in Japan to 'close your eyes' in meetings.  It requires certain skill to be able to do it and then wake when something important is said. After a very long time here I am still unable to do it.  Tried yesterday in a zoom meeting that was supposed to be only an hour but ended up being 4 hours - a few end of the world is upon people took over the agenda.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Given what Trump's done since the outbreak, it's entirely reasonable for people to not trust the murderous bigot currently in charge of the dumpster fire to the south of us.  Trump's crimes against humanity will lead to more Canadians dying than China if no one steps up and uses the 2nd amendment for its intended purpose.

"murderous bigot"?... Trumps "crimes against humanity"?

Your TDS levels are way over 9000

15 minutes ago, Kushman said:

"murderous bigot"?... Trumps "crimes against humanity"?

Your TDS levels are way over 9000

Confiscating medical equipment sold in good faith to Canada is nothing short of murder.  Your mindless defense of this subhuman swine is blinding you to the fact his actions against Canada would warrant his immediate execution in any civilized country.  Any Candian still defending this maggot is a traitor to their country.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

11 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

All the more reason why they should test for blood type anytime a doctor requests any blood work done.  I am 40yo and still don't know my blood type, nor does my doctor.  

I had to look through my old medical records.