The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton McDavids | January 14, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

Practice, JT miller, and a coherent plan. Mostly a proper plan. This looks like preseason planning still on the PP.

Petey and Brock spend too much time playing patty cake with a east west game.  They didnt have a single shift today where they drove the middle and generated a scoring chance.  Our top line got owned in our own end.  

Demko looked lousy.

Personally felt Gaudette and Pearson were the two best players.

• Cheers 2

55 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

That's a bit presumptuous. This isn't about the greatest hockey player to ever play, but I think you're getting ahead of yourself here. 

Skill wise, he is the best to have ever played (so far). But unless he wins some cups then he won't be among the greatest like Crosby, Gretzky or Lemieux.

2 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr cannot do what McDavid does. McDavid can do what all three of them can in terms of skill. 

Don't be bitter because McDavid is unravelling our team. 

"Is unravelling"?  Last night he was a no show...tonight she (a legit typo but I think maybe it was legit) showed up.  It seems to be a thing.

Edited by debluvscanucks
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Sutter has a good game every 10 games. And Jake will never peak. He will put up 30 points a year and that’s all you are getting from him. For his size, speed and shot he sure floats a lot. I’ve never been sold on Jake. 

And also solidifies our pk. I’d rather him just play out his contract than be stuck with another season of wasted cap.

Jake needs to stop being given the idea that he’ll ever be a top 6 forward. Coach needs to make his role very clear in the bottom 6. Play physical, forecheck hard, and get pucks to the net. Don’t do that and you don’t play. Simple.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We still need third line players.

He’s a better option than MacEwan in that spot.

Green needs to stop putting him on the top line as if he’s just going to figure it out. I’d honestly rather give Baertschi a chance there. At least he’ll work hard for that opportunity.

Thats fine if your happy with what he offers. But he is what he is at this point. 

I'd like to see a little more of MacEwen in a larger role.