The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, drdeath said:

He hit him in the logo. The debate over whether or not he unnecessarily elevated into the head is definitely fair (I think him elevating is the problematic part) but it wasn’t blindside. Turning your head away from where you’re skating doesn’t make a hit to your chest blindside. 

Its not worth it with some people 

many have never played the game and really don’t understand how it all plays out on the ice 

10 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

Baumer system = not moving feet, just stay together in front of the goal, when get the puck just pass it back to opposing team

Well to be honest when he played back in the day, I used to call him a speed bump because that's how he defended... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, drdeath said:

He hit him in the logo. The debate over whether or not he unnecessarily elevated into the head is definitely fair (I think him elevating is the problematic part) but it wasn’t blindside. Turning your head away from where you’re skating doesn’t make a hit to your chest blindside. 

Not according to this angle 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He didnt see it coming because it was a blind side hit. Armia has a concussion.  Nothing clean about that hit 

To me it looks like he hit him in the chest, maybe the shoulder, I don't see head contact. That's not a headshot to me. Body was moving forward, he was looking elsewhere. He wasn't in a vulnerable position physically, he just wasn't prepared to brace for the hit because he was looking off to the side. 

Edited by Coconuts

8 minutes ago, babalu said:

What does our Defence look like next game if myers and chatfield are out?

Hughes. Schmitd

Juolevi Benn

Rafferty Rathbone

I guess Sautner could be another option

Gotta be the weakest defense in Nucks history.  Montreal is already licking their chops.

It’s good for Markstrom, Tanev and Toffoli to sign with the Canadian clubs so they could keep giving the big F-YOU to Benning for at least 7 times this season. 

Poor Stecher, he has to wait until maybe next season to do that!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

We've sucked for too long for me to accept us being dog$&!#, especially coming off the playoffs, and being in a once in a lifetime Canadian division with bragging rights on the line.

But I guess that's what we are looking like right now. Though is early. 

It sucks because our young guys are so good right now (save Petey's struggles) and we don't have the means/ability to supplement them properly, and I don't think we will for atleast another year or two with the financial situation around Aqua/the cap.

Bo Horvat is in his prime right now, Miller is probably at his peak, Petey & Hughes are good, Edler & Schmidt are still good. We can't take a step back but it looks like that's being forced upon us. 

Still though cap-wise we're 1-2 years off from having a true cap flexibility. These prime years are held back a bit anyways until we can reform our roster.

Sutter/Pearson/Benn/Hamonic/Edler this year. Eriksson/Roussel/Beagle the following year. That's a lot of cap we could use to address needs. Need solid players around the youngsters.

Then contribute the fact that we're a developing team. OJ/Hog rookies, Hughes/Demko 2nd year, Gaud trying to be a 3rd C we need, etc.

We are missing a few good pieces too and this is the draft where we could acquire another solid Dman. Stock up on picks. These players will still be in our age group.

13 minutes ago, 1-d said:

You must move your feet and skate hard first, to forecheck and force turnovers.

We only have a few guys who are trying and you aren't one of them, Sutter.

Sutters one of the few playing well so not sure what you mean.  The 4th line has had chances generated with forechecking  Probably as many as our top line 5 on 5.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Not according to this angle 

That angle shows him hitting him in the logo? Along with his neck and head. Which again is the real debate which is what was the principle point of contact? If it was the head, what could Tyler Myers have done to hit him but without principal contact to the head?