The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, stawns said:

I would if they were currently the two worst players on the team.  No player has directly resulted in more goals against than Quinn Hughes this year.

Do we want them to learn they're not accountable?  That standards apply to everyone but them?  They need a serious kick in the ass right now

Petey’s confidence is in the tank and by benching or reducing his ice time that would probably f the situation up even further it’s not like he’s a 9 year vet who needs a swift kick in the a** to get going and Hughes is a god damn sophomore kid who’s taking his lumps and learning. Clearly the league has figured him out it’s no different than year 1-2 for Petey and he’s going to go through growing pains this season 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I don't think you'll ever see a team get just completely handed goals via gifts in a span of three games the way the Canucks did for the Habs these 3 games. Jim said it himself. Almost all the goals start on the Canucks stick. Constant terrible turnovers and brutal coverage. The players are consistently making bad decisions with the puck. Like WTF is going on. The third goal against. Hughes tries some feather saucer pass that wasn't going anywhere. There was absolutely no reason to do that. The players aren't reading the plays very well. Everything is just bad and slow.

Again, said it last game, and it holds true. It looks like there's nothing. No system. Just playing hockey and hoping your talent wins you the game. Can't blame goaltending because of how nearly every single goal against is just grade A opportunity. Look at the Habs when they're in the defensive zone. They know where all their teammates are, they don't even have to look, they move the puck and their teammate is there. Of course, it looks easy when you're dealing with the Canucks pathetic forecheck. Dump it in, usually too hard so the puck arrives well before the checker does and as per usual, the opposing team's D corps has the easiest game of their life getting the puck out of their zone. What a joke.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

As soon as we tied the game 2-2, QH gave the puck away and then Miller turned the puck over. Both turnovers directly led to the 3rd & 4th Habs goals.

The inherent ability of this team that can shoot themselves in the foot at the most inopportune time never ceases to amaze me.

It's one thing taking a step back this season, but keeps losing in such an embarrassing fashion  is quite another.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

He has been average but with our lack of d zone coverage out goalie needs to stand on his head ala Marky 

its sad but true 

demko has a higher probability of standing on his head 

I agree,

I dont love Holtby, but we needed someone back there. Honestly I feel bad for the guy. Just imagine walking into this absolute tire fire...

It really sucks being a goalie in this environment. Goaltending is such a mental game. This is a tough hole to crawl out of.

Dont know how Markstom was able to stand on his head night in night out. Incredible goalie. It's a shame all our $ is tied up in plugs.

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Petey’s confidence is in the tank and by benching or reducing his ice time that would probably f the situation up even further it’s not like he’s a 9 year vet who needs a swift kick in the a** to get going and Hughes is a god damn sophomore kid who’s taking his lumps and learning. Clearly the league has figured him out it’s no different than year 1-2 for Petey and he’s going to go through growing pains this season 

I'm glad you get it.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Darius said:

It all starts at the top.  Made some good draft picks.  Has had a long kick at the can.  Bad contracts have led to this debacle.  We are back to chaput/Megna level of bad and someone has to pay.  He’s had 7 years.  Thank you very much sir, but here is your pink slip.  Other Canucks gms have been canned for less. 

So, talent wise, what's different than last year?  I'd agree on Marky, but you want to pay him $6m until he's in his late30s and lose Demko in the ED?

Everyone else was replaced with equal level players.........the only one that could be called a cap casualty was TT, but most know how I would have managed that

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I would if they were currently the two worst players on the team.  No player has directly resulted in more goals against than Quinn Hughes this year.

Do we want them to learn they're not accountable?  That standards apply to everyone but them?  They need a serious kick in the ass right now

Definately miss tanev with hughes. So many dismissed tanevs contributions to hughes becoming who he is today.Hughes needs a shutdown D .period

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1