The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

We're hanging the goalies out to dry. 

I'd love to know what the plan is defensively because it seems like they don't have one. 

I guarantee you the players aren't executing the plan. This is all on the players, not the coach.  Their systems are no different than they were last season.  The difference is effort and execution.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

What's green got to do with that?  Do you think they practice a "turnover" strategy?

Bro, I understand you love Green and the way this team is coached but the circus is over. Team needs a big shake up. And it starts with the coach. 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 2

Just now, drummerboy said:

Yeah!   Green giving up all those pucks!  
Damn him!

Yeah! Posts defending the coaching staff! As if coaching has nothing to do with execution. Please do enjoy watching this team with this garbage staff. Please

Just now, stawns said:

How is that a coaching issue?

The defense is far too passive in how they let teams into the zone. Doesn’t matter the personnel, it’s the same coverage regardless of player. It was this way last year and it’s this way again. 

Note how easy it is for Montreal to gain entry on average. 

• Like 1

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Enough of these high risk plays at the line leading to odd man rushes, I've never seen a team consistently give up so many breakaways. We don't have Marky anymore, we have Holtby and our future goalie who we're going to destroy playing like this.

Watch Montreal play, their D score but not by playing stupid risky plays like this.

Green has to learn you get burned playing like this. Doesn't matter if we're chasing the game, don't try and force it like that Miller pass. Brutal.

Green retired, he doesn't play anymore

• Cheers 1