The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Virtanen on the trade block

1 hour ago, GetFocht said:

Some guys do just enough. 

Yeah, I get that. There's way too many in this league, or for that matter, look at the fricken' punk ass electricians/plumbers, who pump the pig all day long, wasting everyone's dollars. It happens all over the place. 

Get the puck out of here man. You are a fricking loser troll. Don't bug me again. 

Edit: And by the way, I'm not the one who responded to me, out of the blue, with some hot blonde sucking on a banana. Get a grip you piece of crap.

Edited by BarnBurner

19 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Get the puck out of here man. You are a fricking loser troll. Don't bug me again. 

Edit: And by the way, I'm not the one who responded to me, out of the blue, with some hot blonde sucking on a banana. Get a grip you piece of crap.

Yikes... someone doesn’t like being told no.  I guess this is what women mean by how badly dudes can react?

You asked a question, I responded with a joke and you got all weird and angry... go for a walk or something man.

The Office No GIF

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I still think Holtby is a good option for them. He'd have 1 year left and could possibly compete with another goalie that year for that spot long-term.

What are there other goaltending options? Talbot? Allen?

Would expect them to target goalies that are performing at least on par or above their environment.

So far Holtby has been performing below his environment per the tracking company CSA but not by too much.  Still there are some better, cheaper options out there.

Talbot’s environment makes it easy for him to perform as the Wild are just so good defensively with Spurgeon and Brodin elite defensively.  A bit of a risk to select him. 

Driedger has been outperforming Bobrovsky - he’s an upcoming UFA only making 850K this season.  Raanta is another UFA goalie they could target to extend.  On the more expensive side, Fleury in Vegas if they protect Lehner, although Lehner outperformed his environment last season, so either one could work.

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Would expect them to target goalies that are performing at least on par or above their environment.

So far Holtby has been performing below his environment per the tracking company CSA but not by too much.  Still there are some better, cheaper options out there.

Talbot’s environment makes it easy for him to perform as the Wild are just so good defensively with Spurgeon and Brodin elite defensively.  A bit of a risk to select him. 

Driedger has been outperforming Bobrovsky - he’s an upcoming UFA only making 850K this season.  Raanta is another UFA goalie they could target to extend.  On the more expensive side, Fleury in Vegas if they protect Lehner, although Lehner outperformed his environment last season, so either one could work.

Sounds like they have some decent options

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Yeah, I get that. There's way too many in this league, or for that matter, look at the fricken' punk ass electricians/plumbers, who pump the pig all day long, wasting everyone's dollars. It happens all over the place. 

Usually union workers are the worst offenders

7 hours ago, GetFocht said:

Usually union workers are the worst offenders

You are mostly right, but there are some union workers who are literally under the clock and have to take care of business. 

Edited by BarnBurner

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I see a player that’s frozen because he doesn’t know what the coach wants out of him anymore and is afraid to get benched.

Miller was one of our hardest workers last season and even he’s quitting on the coach.

We need a veteran coach that’s able to push the right buttons on players cause Green doesn’t have it.

I do agree that Jake isn't utilized properly at times, however he often does it to himself. Plays in the top six and takes 2  penalties (although one was soft). The problem with Jake is he isn't a grinder, yet he's too inconsistent to play in your top six. It's no debate he has all the tools. But 7 years to put it together and he hasn't says something (about the player not the coach). He could play another 7-8 years in the league if he just played as a physical $&!# disturber who can chip in points in your bottom six. The problem is when he plays there he appears to just skate around, not play physical and change after 30 seconds. He doesn't go the net just stands between the two Dmen hoping to get a one timer. 

Well, I'm thinking this topic (along with the Sam Bennett thread) should be moved to the "Proposals and Armchair GM'ing" section for lack of relevance beyond the "rumour" aspect of this Discussion section.  :)

regards,  G.

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I see a player that’s frozen because he doesn’t know what the coach wants out of him anymore and is afraid to get benched.

This is what Dahlen spoke about the situation at Utica. So if the situation is the same Green using AHL tactics in NHL.

A lack of communication is never good

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

This is what Dahlen spoke about the situation at Utica. So if the situation is the same Green using AHL tactics in NHL.

Jake has had many more chances to prove himself at the NHL level, not sure the comparison really make sense. At this point, Jakes is responsible for his play. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I think everyone knows what Green expects of Jake at this point.  
He has said that they have at down with Virtanen many many times and that they told him exactly what do do.

Green has said it in press conferences at least a dozen times.  “We need Jake to be consistent and use his size and speed to drive to the net, good things will happen if he does that”.

Cut to the next game and Jake using his size and speed to fend off defenders, drive to the net, and score.

Then cut to the next 10 games where Jake sees a defender between him and the net, so cuts away to the perimeter... circles behind the net with the puck, and passes it to the opposition”. 

Rinse, Repeat for 7 seasons.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1