The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 has been eliminated

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

So Bell conducts these layoffs in an incredibly callous, unflinching manner, in an effort to protect their corporate reputation, but, instead, these same deplorable measures have resulted in irreparable harm to their corporate reputation. Oh, the irony...

What a horrible look for these corporate s***heels. Let's talk, indeed. Hopefully, it's further evidence that all these corporate do-gooders trying to push social change are only doing so to take more money out of your pocket (and a tax break) and don't stand by the values/initiatives they promote. If you have to make a move like this, so be it. That's business. But at least have respect for the employees who worked for you (and their families) and the fans who supported your business. Now, all you've done is piss people off to the point that, I'm done with TSN/Bell and I'm sure many others are, as well.

Congrats on handling this situation in the most inept way possible!

Edited by nowhereman
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Ok, wait, I just realized something that gave me a warm feeling through my entire body. I just realized that Paterson worked for 1040.     :frantic:

There is definitely some voices and personalities that will be missed. Unless they get picked up by 650. 

Is that you Luigi? You need to get checked out by a doctor. 

I wonder if the 1040 people could do like the CHEK employees did when the corporates were shutting down the tv station. As I understand it they banded together and acquired the operation themselves. And it still is running and providing employment as well as being a community treasure in the Van Isle market.

I hope they will get creative and put something  together. Get some unconventional financing through Van City credit union? Go Fund Me? Angel investor?

The idea of a comedy station at 1040 is truly a very sick joke. Will these mass firings and change of format trigger a review of licence by the Canadian Radio and Television Commission?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1