The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Hamonic was having a very slow start to the season when he got hurt so it will be very interesting. Benn and Hughes have been having some chemistry. I know hamonic has much more to give than what we were seeing as the whole team was off

Regarding OJ, I really liked that hit he threw on Thachuk (no idea how to spell his name). OJ has been showing improvement but as you said it is likely that he will sit.

Benn and Hughes had one good game.  Hamonic is a legit top 4.  If hes healthy hes gotta slot in for Benn.  I love what OJ is doing out there so i would rather see him stick. 

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Ya know he might be trying to get into marky’s head. I am pretty sure it’s not all buddy talk.

doesn't bother me, i agree, maybe trying to get into Mark's head, Brock had 7 shots on goal last night, he was so dam close all night.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

OJ quietly having solid rookie season, hogs no. 6 in rookie scoring, ahead of stutzle, 2 points back of lead, was unlucky not to get point last night. Another good JB/nucks draft pick with podz, rathbone, Lind poised to play NHL games this year/next year. Then there are guys like Lockwood, woo, jasek, Gadjo, Aidan mcdonut, truscott, who still have an outside chance at an nhl career, short or long.

JB era picks in the NHL/played nhl games (over 6 drafts- a little early to include this year, especially as we did not pick 'til 3rd round)

Boess

EP

Huggy

Virtanen

McCann

Tryamkin

Dipietro

Forsling

Gaudette

OJ

Hogz

so we are realistically looking at 13-14 players from his first 6 drafts to make the nhl, not bad

22 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

It better be Benn coming out

that said, Benn has had a solid last 2 games 

Just about everyone has had a solid last couple games. Almost as though the young core, lack of a real preseason, bunch of new faces and one of the league's busiest schedules/no practice time were causing the team to underperform...

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Regardless, you don't go around the league attacking the best players. I'm not going to make excuses for why the guy's a piece of crap. He instigated the entire sequence of events. He shouldn't have even been in the league. That's why expansion has allowed trash like that to get in. Otherwise, he'd have been relegated to the AHL or the ECHL. My whole point is - if you're going to play by the sword, expect to die by the sword. Tkapuke, watch out.

Regardless of Ketchup's dirty plays, he is almost a point a game player, which makes him a top 6 player on any team in the league.

I think he's a scumbag too, but like Marchand, he will get away with it until a player or ref take exception to it.  So far, that hasn't happened to either player.

I think with Jake last night he was trying to play safe hockey, but that line of Eriksson Beagle and virtanen was buzzing all night. If Jake went in 1 on 4 and lost the puck during the change everyone would have lost it because Calgary would have had an odd man rush. 

Jake looked to keep his game simple and I thought it was one of his better games. I think what's more frustrating with Jake is when he tries to do too much he makes more mistakes. Jake was playing on the 4th line and people are complaining about him scoring? 

I think he needs to develop his defensive game and the offense will start coming. 

It's hard to build chemistry when you are bounced around through the line up. 

I'm not even a Jake fan, but I don't think he was bad last night. I don't think he was great, but fans on here calling him out like he singlehandedly lost us every game this season isn't useful. It's a team game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

As far as "deserved that" - that was a totally freak accident with everyone jumping on Bert's back and then falling on the clown. 

If the coward would have just manned up, like so many have pointed out, it wouldn't have escalated like it did.

He's is an absolute plug that shouldn't be targeting the oppositions best players. 

He definitely deserved a real gud beating though. 

That's what I was referencing.

"Getting Bertuzzi'd" means getting hammered in the head with a fist. Not the dog pile

• Cheers 1