The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Shirotashi said:

Speaking of time out WTF is Green to call a timeout after 3 goals? Its like hes the biggest passenger 

on the team. They never show his hands because one hand is jammed into his pocket with his 

fingers crossed and the other is putting a thumb up his azz. He. Does. Nothing.

He’s saving them for the playoffs.

Another tough loss tonight. We had a fantastic start to the game. Bo gets a tough angle goal. Myers scores with that nice slapper of his. Petey continues his fine play as of late. But it was a letdown from there. Played a fine 2nd period but couldn't find a way to stop these Coilers in the turd. Need to find a way to win the next one. GCG!

1 minute ago, Shirotashi said:

Speaking of time out WTF is Green to call a timeout after 3 goals? Its like hes the biggest passenger 

on the team. They never show his hands because one hand is jammed into his pocket with his 

fingers crossed and the other is putting a thumb up his azz. He. Does. Nothing.

Correction: he recycles his postgame so he does do something

6 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Ouch that one hurt.  This time up 3 to 0 and don't score again and lose 4 to 3.  

Ok I don't want to keep talking about Green so I wont talk about how coaching consistently fails us in our ability to find a way to either hold a lead or come back from being scored on first. 

What I will say is this.  If we keep Green and this keeps happening how much damage is going to be done to the young guys on this team?  I get that nobody ever wants to change a coach any more cuz that could be possibly a tough choice in a world where nobody wants to make tough choices.  But if we don't is that actually going to result in deep divisions in this team as they get worse and worse?

At what point is it worse to hang onto a coach than to jettison him even if you don't have another one to go to? 

I think we'll just have to endure for another 33 games. Aqua don't want to pay for two coaches in a lost season.