The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Canucks are lucky to be down by only 1 after the first period much like last game. Demko seems to be the only guy that has shown up to play for a full 60 mins last game and looking like this game too.

You aren't going to win games if your goalie is the only guy that is showing heart.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

How many games this year have the Canucks given up 20+ shots in the 1st period?

I know Ottawa did it to them, I believe Toronto did it to them the other night I thought, Montreal is close this game they missed the net a lot in the last couple mins here :lol:, it's getting ridiculous horrible coaching. 

3 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

He's not wrong Deb. This is an embarrassing display of pro hockey. If Demko isn't on fire this is 4-0 already. 

Yeah he's a little overly dramatic (like usual).  They came out flat footed, yes.  Are being totally outworked.  But the gloom and doom gets to be a little overboard.  Patience is required at times.

Is it game over?  Nope.

Professional team. They don't belong on the same ice. 

I stand by my "if it's so painful, stop".   It becomes a matter of being a martyr over time if it's always bleak.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, LeafsFanDan said:

That something like a goalie coach is a perk/bonus not a requirement. These goalies are elite and in an NHL class level already, they can figure out what they need to do. Triming personnel can save an owner 200k here 350k there etc adds up quick. Pretty smart book management players don't notice these things they don't really pay attention to personnel moves so the message to the team isn't an issue.

Clark created marky so i have to disagree about him being a perk. Players do notice. Pretty sure demko, holtby and diPietro will  notice if Clark is gone. 

• Like 1