The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | March 10, 2021 | 8 p.m. PT | SNP, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, LeafsFanDan said:

Thing is Canucks have really smart people making this call so people like me and you don't have to. I trust what the team says and does, the people making these decisions get paid a lot of money to make them, they are experts they don't make rash decisions they are counting the money and being smart with it so if Ian is a calculated risk to trim then I trust that he isn't worth the money. Canucks have a very strong analytics and financial team so let's trust their judgement on who to hire and who to let go.

I do not share your confidence in this management group and I have seen some very well paid people royally suck at their job.  Clark is considered by almost all analysts as one of the best goalie coaches in the league.  Why would anyone let him go to save peanuts in the scheme if things?

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I actually read all that and was extremely unimpressed with your counter points. You shouldn't have wasted your time. Perhaps read the article about Clark before being g a smart ass a out national unemployment.   The number of qualified and successful management t that have left or are left hanging should be a concern for anyone famiar with corporate governance.  You are just a cheerleader and that's okay. I mean that with love.   

I said that because your over the top trolling and sky is falling mentality...

You acting like aquaman and Benning handling staff like Chinese are Muslims in their concentration camps.

John Abbott on tsn feed literally just said "Burrows would watch Habs games even when he had 7pm game starting while he was with the Canucks"... 

That was one of your points wasn't it? You don't realize how silly you sound? 

What do you think he should have done? Jim should have made a time machine, gone back in time, married Alex mother and moved the family to Vancouver before making Alex? Give your head a shake. 

As for the Ian Clarke article... It's terrible and is posted on a nothing platform trying to get click bait.

It starts with "Is it time to sound the alarm on Ian Clark and Michael Dipietro" 

Yea let's sound alarm on some one that is currently employed... And a 3rd string goalie that will never reach Demmers level and is not relevant. But yea let's panic about our 3rd string goalie LOL! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

preparation is individual players, not coaches.  Every player has their own routines and methods.  You barely even see the coaches before a game

It’s called practice.

Notice how the Habs are snapping the puck around cleanly and the Canucks are handling it like a grenade?

Thats not individual preparation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

The last canuck forward to look this slow but be given free reign to play games was Brandon Prust 

Just slow, terrible. Roussel's injury killed his career

He's not one of the best 12 forwards by accountability. He's playing because they pay him a lot.

I’m on board with most coaching decisions but this one has baffled me as Roussel has looked terrible. 

11 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Alright bad period but we're gonna come back to the second flyyyinnggggg

Bad period???? :huh: Doesn't quite describe the nature of this season-long train wreck....

Don't you mean.... wretched, pitiable, lousy, terrible, awful, rotten, feeble, atrocious, useless, appalling, dismal and just plain excremental?

spacer.png

Edited by ItsAllOursBoys
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Dont think Michaelis has even touched the puck this yr.

I said it in another thread.

I'd rather see MacEwen and Hawryluk instead. At least they either hit, or make a pass or do things positively. Even just retrieving pucks. 

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Nice label pal. I'm not necessarily a green fan. I just dont have a green replica made of hair and earwax that I stab when we get scored on...  

Like some people...

You. I'm talking about you.

You think its the fact we were “scored on”?

did you watch the tire fire?

10 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Maybe we’re not the best team in the league?  

Maybe the other team is playing better in ONE period? 

Maybe it’s Maybelline. 

The Habs aren’t the best team in the league but we’re making them look like it.

The other team has been owning us every game we’ve played them and the coaching staff haven’t been able to adjust.