The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I mean... Vancouvers been bad since 2013.

well yes , and no ...our defensive game has been horrible for so long , i cant remember when we had a good defensive play , seems we do so much mistakes in the defensive play no matter who we bring in ,, so ya, our offensive play hasnt been to bad , but it feels so inconsistent alot...so ya 

10 minutes ago, khay said:

I sure hope so. Would love to beat LA 8-2 and see Doughty cry again.

It's funny that the bottom teams in the West division are the teams in the Pacific.

Vegas, Edmonton, Vancouver, Calgary would be the playoff teams in the normal Pacific division followed by 3 Cali and Arizona.

Only the Ducks have a lower P% than us.

52 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Only the Ducks have a lower P% than us.

We would be playing Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Coyotes 28 32 times instead of Toronto, Montreal, and Winnipeg 27 times.

Edit: We would play each of these teams 8 times so that would be 32 games.

2-4-1 against the Jets

3-5-1 against the Habs.

2-3-0 against the Leafs

7-12-2 against these non-divisional teams.

I bet we break even or better against the Cali teams + Arizona.

The only team in the Pacific that can destroy us Montreal style is Vegas. The rest, Edmonton, Calgary, Arizona, and 3 Cali teams are similar level or below us.

Edited by khay
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Our blue line isn't remotely strong enough defensively to make up for that loss (and you can't goaltending to stop every shot).

We went on a massive skid last year when the same guys got hurt.  For all the flak they get on here,  our pk struggles badly when they're out.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tom Sestito said:

Yup that's why I finished it off with Montreal's drafting has been poor - i probably should have clarified that the point I was making was generic and not applied to montreal

One of the biggest problems for that organization has been their Quebec bias in their decision making. GOTTA GET ALL THE FRANCOPHONES!

It's a self inflicted handicap tbh. Quotas are not how you fill every position to it's maximum potential.

2 hours ago, Tom Sestito said:

Yup that's why I finished it off with Montreal's drafting has been poor - i probably should have clarified that the point I was making was generic and not applied to montreal

One of the biggest problems for that organization has been their Quebec bias in their decision making. GOTTA GET ALL THE FRANCOPHONES!

If only they were desperate to take Roussel. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If only they were desperate to take Roussel. 

I'd target Ottawa for one of those types of trades to get rid of our bad deals. 

They somehow value these overpaid scrubs like Gudbranson, Zaitsev, Murray, Stepan, Dadonov, Anisimov

three of those guys are going to be UFAs so they'll have some capspace.. 

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, khay said:

We would be playing Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Coyotes 28 32 times instead of Toronto, Montreal, and Winnipeg 27 times.

Edit: We would play each of these teams 8 times so that would be 32 games.

2-4-1 against the Jets

3-5-1 against the Habs.

2-3-0 against the Leafs

7-12-2 against these non-divisional teams.

I bet we break even or better against the Cali teams + Arizona.

The only team in the Pacific that can destroy us Montreal style is Vegas. The rest, Edmonton, Calgary, Arizona, and 3 Cali teams are similar level or below us.

And  if we had a real coach we would have won a cup by now.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Can’t wash the stink of being a Bruin even if you change teams ( Shawn Thornton).  Was and will always be a piece of ****.

Honestly can't think of a player I hate and despise more than this scumbag Thornton.

This scumbag has no limits when it comes to hitting the bottom limits of what it means to be a human being. It's not just being a Bruin, this scumbag is just born a scumbag that was lucky enough to be born in Canada to learn to skate and make a career out of being a scumbag.

In all other countries, he would be either killed already or be in jail.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

And  if we had a real coach we would have won a cup by now.

No. Even with a real coach, we wouldn't have a cup by now.

If the league was not run by crooks, we would have two cups by now.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Regardless of his other abilities, if you only have one hockey skill (and it's at an extremely high level - his shot), it better be that one (goal scoring ability).  You can't teach that skill.  Luc Robitaille got into the hockey hall of fame with just that one skill.

I'm still laughing at how many people wanted to trade him last year :lol:

The hot takes in this fan base...I tell ya! :picard:

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I mean... Vancouvers been bad since 2013.

I mean... 4 playoff appearances, 1 finals run and 2 presidents trophies in the decade of the comment you quoted. And still further ahead in our rebuild which really only started in 2017/18 with a brighter future than Buffalo. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, x00x said:

well yes , and no ...our defensive game has been horrible for so long , i cant remember when we had a good defensive play , seems we do so much mistakes in the defensive play no matter who we bring in ,, so ya, our offensive play hasnt been to bad , but it feels so inconsistent alot...so ya 

Yeah, the roster has changed but the staff has remained intact ?

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I mean... 4 playoff appearances, 1 finals run and 2 presidents trophies in the decade of the comment you quoted. And still further ahead in our rebuild which really only started in 2017/18 with a brighter future than Buffalo. 

I hear you but man best practices always....Buffalo. Don't go there.

9 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I hear you but man best practices always....Buffalo. Don't go there.

Now in sole possession of the 4th longest losing streak of all time, if they lose Saturday they will tie 2nd and lose Monday they tie 1st.

Yup, we are not Buffalo bad, at least not yet but renew Green and you never know.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1