The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Hopefully the situation is more like this than what is being spewed out via Twitter.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-vancouver-canucks-covid-protocol-list-april-4-1.5975355

Sixteen of the 22 players on the Canucks' active roster were officially on the NHL's protocol list with Sunday's addition of forward Marc Michaelis and defenceman Jalen Chatfield. A member of the coaching staff had also been affected.

A player on the COVID-19 protocol list has not necessarily tested positive. The league requires individuals with positive tests to self-isolate for 10 days, and for close contacts to self-isolate for two weeks.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gurn said:

Wtf, they have 9 times our population and 24 times our dead.

First Vaccinne adminstered in US on Dec 14/20

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccinations-in-the-u-s-slated-to-begin-monday-11607941806

Town operating normaly can just mean people ignoring covid, risking their and others lifes.

Pub still open. ahhh normal.

Just a case of someone pumping Trump’s tires. 

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m confused, why would anti-maskers support her?

Have u not been watching the Bonnie show??  She's been extremely reluctant to mandate masks, always downplaying importance of using proper medical masks.... It's like we shouldn't do more to prevent Covid spread.... Whatever!!  I am so done with this gov't... You guys do what's smart to keep you and your family safe! 

Just now, aliboy said:

So they have been hit pretty hard then.

Doesn't seem like it. Pretty normal standard symptoms. Laying down, lethargic, aches and pains.. 

My friends whole family got it cpl weeks ago. 3 of them had to spend several days at the hospital. That got us worrying. 

But none of the Canucks players have been reported to be admitted to hospital. Lethargy is the most common system my family and friends experienced when they got it.. along with body aches and night sweats.. 

Six points behind the Habs, Flames can’t get ahead of us with two more games played. Honestly, with our recent run, I think we would have had a real shot of sneaking in before this nasty Covid.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Doesn't seem like it. Pretty normal standard symptoms. Laying down, lethargic, aches and pains.. 

My friends whole family got it cpl weeks ago. 3 of them had to spend several days at the hospital. That got us worrying. 

But none of the Canucks players have been reported to be admitted to hospital. Lethargy is the most common system my family and friends experienced when they got it.. along with body aches and night sweats.. 

Let’s hope it doesn’t get worse.... 10 days in is about when people get hospitalized.  We are only in the very early days for most of them.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Me too, my friend.

Scariest part is my kids who are not going to be vaccinated for some time who have to live right in the hub of it.  They don't leave their homes (luckily)...work/study from home and order everything in.  Hunkered down but still a Mother's biggest fear.

Oh yes, I worry about mine too . My kids are in the age group that are ending up in the hospital needing oxygen. They both go to work and my daughter works at a gym !!! No outbreaks but she’s super nervous going in to work , high stress level which is another worry :mellow: stay safe guys

• Huggy Bear 1

sigh...best wishes goes out to all the players affected and hope they all recover....and I am so grateful to be on this side of the world....where we are so strict with international travellers....the Brazilian variant sounds very nasty .....stay safe everyone...

• Like 1