The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tokyo Olympics

-DLC-

30 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

To be clear, I don't think it was a fluke, but some people inevitably will say it. I really shouldn't care, to be honest.

sure, they fluked it like LA did to win two cups. 

The only people saying this were pulling for the US. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sure, they fluked it like LA did to win two cups. 

The only people saying this were pulling for the US. 

I honestly regret bringing it up to begin with because I only saw a few of these comments.

Couldn't score from open play, got lucky with penalties, blah blah blah, doesn't matter when they won.

37 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

I honestly regret bringing it up to begin with because I only saw a few of these comments.

Couldn't score from open play, got lucky with penalties, blah blah blah, doesn't matter when they won.

you should regret it.

you should also feel shame. 

• Haha 1

If I got up and watched I would have been asleep at work by now. Covering a desk shift due to the mass labour shortage in this town. Tourists flock up and bitch and moan that things aren't perfect. Soon we'll have Americans back ...uhg...

But none of that matters after I got to work and watched the highlights of the shoot out! So happy for SInclair and the rest of the team! 

Edited by Gnarcore

Main reason Sweden lost? Counting on someone with a certain last name to come through with a timely goal.

Excerpt from Derek van Diest's article, Canada wins Olympic gold over Sweden on Julia Grosso penalty in women's soccer final, in the National Post. 

"Sweden’s first good chance came 10 minutes into the game when the ball fell to Magdalena Eriksson at the corner of the penalty area and her shot flashed across the face of the net."

Edited by PhillipBlunt
realized penalty is the correct term
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Main reason Sweden lost? Counting on someone with a certain last name to come through with a timely goal.

Excerpt from Derek van Diest's article, Canada wins Olympic gold over Sweden on Julia Grosso penalty in women's soccer final, in the National Post. 

They should amend the title to say "penalty kick goal" rather than "penalty".

"Sweden’s first good chance came 10 minutes into the game when the ball fell to Magdalena Eriksson at the corner of the penalty area and her shot flashed across the face of the net."

If only the net had been empty Sweden, if only…what might have been…

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I think we also need to remember the scramble in front of the TC net, late in ET. Not sure who the defender was (Buchanan?) but along with Steph Labbe, they kept out what looked like a sure game winner for the Swedes.....

Speaking of D Rose though, I thought she was fantastic and a bit unlucky not to bury one in regulation. Great substitution by Priestman, who also deserves a tonne of credit for this win....

11 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Christine Sinclair deserved that gold more than anything. She has carried Canadian soccer and women’s soccer in general on her shoulders for the last 20 years. Could not ask for a more fitting end to her amazing career! 

While not being a trash person like the last few big US 'stars' on the women's team.  So happy she was able to get this to round out her amazing career. 

• Like 1