The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tokyo Olympics

-DLC-

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I wish this event got as much attention as the 100m. Pretty amazing to be that elite at so many different things. Warner would have won 2-3 medals had he competed in individual events. 

Spot on, these are the athletes of all athletes and should be recognized as such. Truly an incredible result for Warner and Canada.

Did anyone else watch the climbing this am? pretty amazing. Canada didn't have anyone in the finals but in 3 years we should have a very competitive team when they split out the completion into more medals. 

• Cheers 1

I honestly can't believe I'm still watching the United States utterly fail at something as simple as passing the baton.

AV laughing gif on repeater....for decades.

Seriously - any high school track team should be able to borderline perfect that process - and most do. 

The U.S. has been doing this what seems like my entire life - I just had to burst out laughing yesterday - that was fn priceless. 

I heard a few apologists on the American networks taking issue with the comedy sketch that ironically preceded yet another failed pass that cost the US dearly - trying to rationalize how difficult it is to make a pass in the relay.  Please.  It's comical indeed.  It is simpler / easier than it's being made out to be. Don't go changing, USA (you're too good to need to practice something so simple!o!)

Edited by oldnews

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Damn, I missed it.  I see it was on at 7:40 pm...went for a walk and when I got back to Dad's he had Jeopardy on.  D'oh!

it will probably be replayed a number of times....I made sure to catch the American coverage - it was fun stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:

any decathlete, is high on my list of potential leaders, during the zombie apocalypse.

Well done Damian.

I for one will surround myself with much slower humans in the event of a zombie apocalypse. 

Like my Dad always said, all you need to protect yourself against bears in the woods is one friend who is slower than you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I for one will surround myself with much slower humans in the event of a zombie apocalypse. 

Like my Dad always said, all you need to protect yourself against bears in the woods is one friend who is slower than you. 

On other other hand, Damian can start launching rocks and spears from a much greater distance than the rest of us, so he can whittle the Z numbers down, before they even get into 'normal' person range.

Need somebody to relay a message back to the main camp, he's the dude that can run it there, no problem with fences or ditches, and small creeks.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Racewalking imo is just a stupid event can't believe this has been part of the Olympics since 1904 :picard:

I once was a decent recreational runner. Dunfee "walked" a 10km race in around 38 minutes. My best 10k time was a low 37 minutes. How fast can you run or walk? Give it a go and see if you think this a stupid event.