The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tokyo Olympics

-DLC-

It's sooo important they get this celebration rolling.

The Gov just decided to dump 10 yrs of radioactive waste-water into the lovely Pacific :^O cean.

With such apocalyptic announcements, we really Neeed a 2 wk party to feel happier 'bout ourselves. & I'm just gonna move heaven & earth to get tix to the most important event...

TRAMPOLINE! Gotta wave that flag where we're so dominant, eh?!

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's sooo important they get this celebration rolling.

The Gov just decided to dump 10 yrs of radioactive waste-water into the lovely Pacific :^O cean.

With such apocalyptic announcements, we really Neeed a 2 wk party to feel happier 'bout ourselves. & I'm just gonna move heaven & earth to get tix to the most important event...

TRAMPOLINE! Gotta wave that flag where we're so dominant, eh?!

OMG 

Does this mean we can't consume fish from Pacific in few years? Good bye to sushi?

I'm surprised that Japanese people are letting this incompetent government stay in power so long. There was one regime change since WWII and it was for a very brief 2 year span.

We in the Western countries love to criticize China and it's one party dictatorship but Japan basically has same $hit going as China, only that Japanese people are brainwashed so deeply that they don't even realize they have the power and the right to change the government.

Well, obviously the situation is probably far better in Japan than China but it's shocking to know that Japan has basically ever had only one party to govern the country.

45 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wild thought, just push everything back.

2020 Summer Games in 2024.

2026 Winter Olympics.

Give us time to get the garbage behind us. We hope. 

Another reason I want them cancelled is I know someone on the Canadian Rugby 7s team who was rather harsh in High School and would bully people.

Long story short I wouldn't mind seeing his Olympic dream crushed :bigblush:

Edited by drummer4now
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, drummer4now said:

Another reason I want them cancelled is I know someone on the Canadian Rugby 7s team who was rather harsh in High School and would bully people.

Long story short I wouldn't mind seeing his Olympic dream crushed :bigblush:

I'm just thinking of the athletes health. And the crowds if any. I'm surprised usually rugby players are quality people. 

Like the joke from a Welsh Rugby player. 

Rugby players are gentlemen playing a hooligans game. 

Football (Soccer players) are hooligans playing a gentleman's game. :D

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

The whole team is really going to walk into opening ceremonies in those?  I am guessing it's a joke

The Americans look good

No, apparently the ones for the opening ceremony and for medal presentations are different and have been very well received (although they didn’t show any pictures, so who knows.)   I am guessing these are for closing ceremonies.

I guess it just shows how different people’s taste are - I looked at the US unis and thought what athlete is going to want to wear a Dr. Evil yacht club uniform? 

Edited by 4petesake
Sp

My wife and I were initially planning to go to PyeongChang for 2018... but my then twins had other plans. 

We thought it will still be fine, since we can still go to 2020 Tokyo.... but coronavirus.

Definite no to Beijing. 

Probably no to Paris.

I guess I won't be attending the Olympics in person until hopefully it comes back to town.

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

2026 Winter Olympics.

Give us time to get the garbage behind us. We hope. 

Or we could go back to the way it used to be - both Olympics in the same year.  Say, 2022, with any luck.  Then go back to the established schedule.

8 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

2026 Winter Olympics.

Sounds easy, but who are the Olympics really for? The athletes. All of them hoping to make the 2020 Games had been training for at least four years and longer for veteran Olympians. Many of those athletes sacrificed and those who weren't good enough to get sponsorships had it tough. Then the Games were postponed a year and now we're into a fifth year of training and preparation. If any country in the world can run a safe and clean Olympics, Japan is it. Seriously, you can eat sushi off the sidewalk. Almost. So, I am all for sending vaccinated athletes to a socially distanced Olympics, for no other reason than to provide a payoff to the athletes for years of preparation. 

• Cheers 1