The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks-Flames: Quinn Hughes for Matthew Tkachuk

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

ok so you think adding a player in his prime is a bad thing, very interesting take. the man is a top pairing defenceman in the second best league in the world, if you have/had high hopes for Podkolzin/hoglander/juolevi/chatfield tryamkin will suprise you.

I Could think of a couple million reasons, she may want to change her mind.

She said she didn't like the smell of pot. This is one of the Marijuana capitols of the world, they aren't coming back. 

Neither should he as he's carved out a nice career in Russia. I don't know how much he is making in Russia but does he leave his young family for slightly greener pastures? Does he even want to come back here? Was he even that good besides that one clip against Anaheim? I mean he played on the bottom pairing. The guy was a third round pick that our GM absolutely nailed. We got more out of him than you'd get out of an average third rounder. Tryamkin's already 26, BTW. Do you really think he's that much better in Russia than he was when he was here. I mean I haven't been watching him over in Russia but I watched him while he was here and I think he sucks. If you don't, that's fine, good for you I don't care I just never thought he was very good.

Plus you're not even taking into account the facts of the pandemic. We're one of the hotbeds for COVID in the world right now and I think the big man would rather stay safe with his family than risk his life and the livelihood of his family just to come to a town that he said stinks of reefer. I'll pass but I wish him the best. 

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

She said she didn't like the smell of pot. This is one of the Marijuana capitols of the world, they aren't coming back. 

Neither should he as he's carved out a nice career in Russia. I don't know how much he is making in Russia but does he leave his young family for slightly greener pastures? Does he even want to come back here? Was he even that good besides that one clip against Anaheim? I mean he played on the bottom pairing. The guy was a third round pick that our GM absolutely nailed. We got more out of him than you'd get out of an average third rounder. Tryamkin's already 26, BTW. Do you really think he's that much better in Russia than he was when he was here. I mean I haven't been watching him over in Russia but I watched him while he was here and I think he sucks. If you don't, that's fine, good for you I don't care I just never thought he was very good.

Plus you're not even taking into account the facts of the pandemic. We're one of the hotbeds for COVID in the world right now and I think the big man would rather stay safe with his family than risk his life and the livelihood of his family just to come to a town that he said stinks of reefer. I'll pass but I wish him the best. 

generally people improve from thier first season, especially big men. chara was like 25 before he broke out. chara at 22 scored 11 points and was a -27

when Tryamkin came across the pond he was a  bottom pairing in the khl, now 4 years later he is a top pairing and for more than 1 year, hes improved his offence and defense.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

This has been posted over on the Tryamkin thread but here it is if you haven’t seen it. According to his agent he does want to come back and has taken some ownership of the problem here before.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

This has been posted over on the Tryamkin thread but here it is if you haven’t seen it. According to his agent he does want to come back and has taken some ownership of the problem here before.

I don't think he's coming.

I won't eat my words if I'm wrong, but from what I heard and saw while he was here (and after) really makes me doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

[proposal] Canucks-Flames:  Quinn Hughes +  for Matthew Tkachuk 

Next season:

Tkachuk-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-####-Hoglander

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

Schmidt-Myers

Juolevi-Hamonic

Rathbone-Tryamkin

Demko

Holtby

[Virtanen + ??? For a decent 3rd line C)

Reasoning:

1) We bank on the fact that Rathbone, while not becoming anywhere near as good as Hughes, still develops into a Christian Erhoff calibre dman in that, he can move the puck up ice efficiently while having the ability to QB a PP.

2) With the addition of a guy like Matthew Tkachuk (or whatever young winger in the league would equate to being “equal value” for Hughes), the Canucks would have one of the deepest top 9’s in the league.

You should be banned for doing this proposal

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

As much as I hate the little puke he's one of those guys you hate to play against but man put him on the Canucks and he could really bring us to that next level. Tkachuk for Boeser straight up you  might get me to listen as I think playing with Petey and Miller, Matthew could replace Brock. However even this makes no sense from a Flames side unless he is an issue in the locker room and I don't see anything that suggests that. Calgary basically replaces a forward with a forward. As for Quinn beside Ep he is an untouchable on this team - as a fan my whole life and going on 50 years now Hughes is what we have always coveted - A true #1 defense man with an amazing offensive gift. As he matures I believe he will begin to truly control and take over the game with his skill level.

So like others I vote no

8 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

I don't think he's coming.

I won't eat my words if I'm wrong, but from what I heard and saw while he was here (and after) really makes me doubt it.

so let me get this straight. You spend hours of your time discussing Tryamkin, trying to prove your point. We give you irrefutable evidence, and you just say "Nah, Bro" and then you generally say " if i'm wrong I expect you to be a good sport about this, even though I will not show you the same  gratitude"

did i get that right?

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

[proposal] Canucks-Flames:  Quinn Hughes +  for Matthew Tkachuk 

Next season:

Tkachuk-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-####-Hoglander

Motte-Sutter-Highmore

Schmidt-Myers

Juolevi-Hamonic

Rathbone-Tryamkin

Demko

Holtby

[Virtanen + ??? For a decent 3rd line C)

Reasoning:

1) We bank on the fact that Rathbone, while not becoming anywhere near as good as Hughes, still develops into a Christian Erhoff calibre dman in that, he can move the puck up ice efficiently while having the ability to QB a PP.

2) With the addition of a guy like Matthew Tkachuk (or whatever young winger in the league would equate to being “equal value” for Hughes), the Canucks would have one of the deepest top 9’s in the league.

Its not April 1st is it?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

if were adding belt buckles and boot polish, shouldn't the flames add a crate of pacifiers?

Since the Flames buy their pacifers by the trainload, it seems to undercut the trade value.

^ That was my first shot at the flames, how'd I do?^

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Since the Flames buy their pacifers by the trainload, it seems to undercut the trade value.

^ That was my first shot at the flames, how'd I do?^

i like that you asked my opinion, but i'm not a expert on jokes. however i do pretend i'm pretty good at pretending how unpretentious my pretentious views actually are. Naturally

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Okay I essentially agree with this but the question is: why would Calgary make this trade? They could get more, and outside their division no less, so why do they do it? Only for one reason and that would be if they couldn’t do better because he’s a cancer.

Calgary never makes this trade but if they do and your intention is to flip him then I’m on board. But the caveat is that I don’t want him anywhere near our team.

I'd take him on the Canucks any day. Would love to see him line up with 40. 

• Haha 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

I'm sick and tired of people saying we need to bring back Tryamkin. He sucked when he was here, he's at best a #6 guy and we've already got a big man in Tyler Myers. Obviously Tryamkin is more of a defensive guy but he sucks. Benning picked him because he was BPA, we got some good mileage out of him serving in a depth role but now it's time to move on. 

The guy is Canuck property which means free asset. All he cost is a contract which frankly shouldn’t be that high. It’s an extremely low risk with a potential reward. I question the people that don’t want him back. His size and mobility you’d think is a no brainer for a shot in the lineup.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

if were adding belt buckles and boot polish, shouldn't the flames add a crate of pacifiers?

no, they're going to need all they can get. I'd take a cattle prod to keep Tkapuke in line tho. 

• Haha 1