The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce AHL club to relocate from Utica to Abbotsford

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I will probably make the trip down a few times to see them play.

If minor hockey ever has games and tournaments again i am usually down in abbotsford a lot. My kids team would love it.

Same - about time the Canucks give this a try !

This is a great opportunity for them to lean into the Johnny Canuck identity for the AHL club. It fits the Fraser Valley really well, and the minor leagues are perfect for some more out-there identities, even if they end up being called the Lumberjacks/Trappers/whatever. 

They'll probably just end up as the 'Abbotsford Canucks' though.

11 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

This is a great opportunity for them to lean into the Johnny Canuck identity for the AHL club. It fits the Fraser Valley really well, and the minor leagues are perfect for some more out-there identities, even if they end up being called the Lumberjacks/Trappers/whatever. 

They'll probably just end up as the 'Abbotsford Canucks' though.

johnny canuck needs to fade back into obscurity. 

• Vintage 3

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Love ya vintage,  but maybe tone down the auto Twitter post program and let others start topics. Just a suggestion.  I realize it's exciting for u to see ur name on every single thread associated with Twitter posts , but kinda ruins the fun for new posters to contribute. 

Edited by cuporbust

18 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Love ya vintage,  but maybe tone down the auto Twitter post program and let others start topics. Just a suggestion.  I realize it's exciting for u to see ur name on every single thread associated with Twitter posts , but kinda ruins the fun for new posters to contribute. 

Don’t talk to Halford like that. 

51 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

HEY

That is THE Vintage Canuck and he has the same intrinsic value and useful purpose on this forum as a 1996 Geo Metro does to a struggling student in their third year of a bachelour of arts and you will give him the respect he deserves!

:gocan:

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

HEY

That is THE Vintage Canuck and he has the same intrinsic value and useful purpose on this forum as a 1996 Geo Metro does to a struggling student in their third year of a bachelour of arts and you will give him the respect he deserves!

:gocan:

No , I really won't. Creating a program as a school project that auto posts Twitter is smart,  but kinda annoying 

2 hours ago, tas said:

also, nice statement from esche. cool and interesting to read the specific call out to chris gear. makes you wonder if he's next in line when benning gets the axe.

edit: also, has anyone thrown aviators out there yet? it's gotta be the abbotsford aviators. 

Would sure work well with the Johnny Canuck aviator logo concept.

vancouver_id_02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1