The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

How can you say that if you weren't alive back then?   It's like invalidating what Howe achieved.   Or Bobby Hull.   McDavid doesn't have to deal with the dead puck era obstruction either.   Might as well start on Bure or Selanne next.   Wonder how they would do on today's game.   Goalies systems are better but only marginally sp wise ... those guys were incredible athletes too which you don't seem to get.   All the stars  from past eras would do just fine in today's game.   Good grief.   WG and Mario were so much better then the tier down from them that McDavid would have to have 70-100% more points then the next level guys.   He hasn't done that.   

Guess Niedermayer would be like Edler right?  Didn't they almost play at the same time?   Jagr and Iginla eventually aged out ... but we're still beating a lot of guys that play today still in their mid to late 30's... 

listen i would rank

between the best players in the last 40 years something like

lemiuex tier1a

gretzky

jagr    tier1b

crosby

mcdavid if he continues to improve his play I would consider him in tier1a

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Why even watch this sport if you think its all rigged. Why put yourself thru this.. 

If I thought a sport I watched was rigged I'd move on to another sport. 

Hey...I watch WWE too. It’s called entertainment. 

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So I'm guessing at least 6 PP's for Edmonton on Saturday night. The NHL will want the ratings for the big "100 point" event to fall on a Saturday.

Not to mention suspending Mac so he doesn’t hurt the nurse. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Sooooo Nurse and Crosby are allowed to throw someone to the ice/have the intent of driving someones head into the ice and thats okay

The NHL has very clearly indicated through recent events that this is 100% totally ok. Everyone should be doing it. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Sooooo Nurse and Crosby are allowed to throw someone to the ice/have the intent of driving someones head into the ice and thats okay.. and McElbows are good for your health?

Is this seriously the play that’s being reviewed? Zack makes sure he contacts Nurse but it’s neither a knee nor a kick. 

58o9bd.gif

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Is this seriously the play that’s being reviewed? Zack makes sure he contacts Nurse but it’s neither a knee nor a kick. 

58o9bd.gif

For Pete sakes is that a bad angle. He doesn't hit him in the head does he? If not it's a lower knee at gliding speed to the shoulder pad. :picard:

I don't really believe in conspiracy, but idiocy for sure without a doubt.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It will be interesting to hear them talk about where the actual kneeing occurs.

My money is on DOPS coming up with a new term. I am waiting for “The Shinning”. Even a props to the Simpsons with that one. 

• Haha 1