The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rangers fire president John Davidson, GM Jeff Gorton; name Chris Drury as new president & GM

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, tas said:

being a billionaire pretty much requires you to be a sociopath. 

Some people just let it go to their ego. Thankfully he knew he messed it though I reckon he was probably convinced to take back the firing from family/friends/inner circle. 

• Cheers 1

I was 100% behind that statement the Rangers put out re Wilson. 

I guess we can take this back to the players here and let em know re not putting out a official statement on their behalf re resuming play after covid. Going against the league wouldn't change anything other than getting JB insta fired. 

They did the right thing I guess the league can't fire the players. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I was 100% behind that statement the Rangers put out re Wilson. 

I guess we can take this back to the players here and let em know re not putting out a official statement on their behalf re resuming play after covid. Going against the league wouldn't change anything other than getting JB insta fired. 

They did the right thing I guess the league can't fire the players. 

Edler's suspension was on a knee. A 5000 fine for what would've been aggravated assault; one that was even worse than the Matheson/Pettersson incident.

NHL could've done something about Wilson who was a repeat offender - and they just gave him a 5000 fine.

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Rangers have a much better record than Canucks.

Yet when the situation becomes obvious... ownership acts.

Wish the same would happen in Vancouver.

Like what? What do you think the Canucks could write in a statement about COVID? That NHL schedulers should be fired?

These are two VERY different situations. I'm not surprised you're trying to slap Canucks management with something that they had no control over.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

https://nesn.com/2013/04/report-madison-square-garden-chairman-james-dolan-fires-later-rehires-security-guard-for-not-recognizing-him/

"

James Dolan is such a peach.

Dolan, the self-absorbed chairman of The Madison Square Garden Company, is popular with just about nobody, and this latest story will not win him any fans. According to the New York Post, Dolan became angry when a security guard denied him access to a private club at MSG during Sunday’s Knicks-Celtics game because Dolan was not wearing ID.

Dolan, who never wears his Garden ID, according to the Post, was indignant.

“Do you know who I am?” Dolan reportedly said.

The security guard did not, despite reportedly working at the arena for three years. Dolan fired her on the spot, shouting, “I’m your boss! I pay your salary! … I have to get new security in this building! I have idiots working here!”

Overnight, Dolan either had a change of heart or someone was able to talk sense into him. The guard was hired back on Monday and was back at a different post for that night’s Rangers game, the Post reports.

This could be related to the story where Patrick Ewing was forced to present his credentials at MSG in March.

Owner is a donkey. NYR coaching staff are likely wondering if they are next.

1 hour ago, mll said:

They are in a rebuild that was started at the 2018 TDL.  

But we won’t know if the rebuild is effective because it hasn’t been 7 years and counting yet. :bigblush:

And yeah to be fair the first four of those years don’t count, because that was a rething. 

18 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

there's no recipe for success like constant leadership churn. 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Really?

Yep, when you join the grown up table you learn how to do things effectively rather than throwing a tantrum.

By calling publicly for Parros to be fired, they ensured that the league couldn’t actually fire him.  They can’t be seen to be bowing to pressure from one owner.

If you want to have a public snit to show your players you care... you do a media availability where you get led into saying it was BS.  Burke was good at knowing when to put the heat on himself... he didn’t go around putting out media releases calling for people to be fired.

Totally ineffective and it results in the league seeing your organization as hostile... which will cost you down the road.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Provost said:

Yep, when you join the grown up table you learn how to do things effectively rather than throwing a tantrum.

By calling publicly for Parros to be fired, they ensured that the league couldn’t actually fire him.  They can’t be seen to be bowing to pressure from one owner.

If you want to have a public snit to show your players you care... you do a media availability where you get led into saying it was BS.  Burke was good at knowing when to put the heat on himself... he didn’t go around putting out media releases calling for people to be fired.

Totally ineffective and it results in the league seeing your organization as hostile... which will cost you down the road.

I’m with the Rangers owner on this one. Parros did not have the credibility for his position. In fact, he has the opposite for this job. His resume was being a goon, a player whose sole mission was to inflict  violence onto other players and beat them senseless to the ground.

By him being there, it puts the integrity of the position into disrepute and brings upon it absolutely no legitimacy. Case in point with the most recent poor decision. He wouldn’t have dared act this way when Wilson did his antics to the Bruins, only because Jeremy Jacobs is a much bigger power player in the NHL, more so than any other owner.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

speaking of the Rangers. 

their rematch with the Caps has like 3 fights so far... meanwhile in Vancouver, none of our guys even challenged Larsson last night for a dirty elbow on our #1 defenceman.  

• Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

speaking of the Rangers. 

their rematch with the Caps has like 3 fights so far... meanwhile in Vancouver, none of our guys even challenged Larsson last night for a dirty elbow on our #1 defenceman.  

It’s been pretty pathetic like that for some time now. Very sad to see

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

59 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

NYR is a pretty wealthy franchise though. James Dolan and co can give themselves of luxury of cleaning house mid-pandemic.

Not sure the Aquillinis are in the same position, especially given all the money crunch rumors that have been circulating recently. 

Edited by guntrix
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

speaking of the Rangers. 

You realize these fights, 6 so far, are in the game after the Wilson thugery?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, guntrix said:

NYR is a pretty wealthy franchise though. James Dolan and co can give themselves of luxury of cleaning house mid-pandemic.

Not sure the Aquillinis are in the same position, especially given all the money crunch rumors that have been circulating recently. 

I think it has been overblown the financial stuff with the owners. They have lots of real estate supposedly, well that is making tons of $$$ with record sales all throughout the pandemic!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

It definitely is funny how other teams react and make moves when things aren't going well even when their doing better then the Canucks, yet the Canucks are content with failure and even have to get the aka Trump owner to speak on twitter and say don't worry everyone's jobs are safe it's ok guys. 

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

43 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

speaking of the Rangers. 

35 minutes ago, gurn said:

You realize these fights, 6 so far, are in the game after the Wilson thugery?

Yeah, I was going say something about "barn doors", but you got there first.  :)

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1